Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

auto ground balance

sling

hi there everyone!
i heared the GT has the auto ground balance in all metall mode only.
so in disc mode the GB is fixed.
Is that true?
thanx in advance

Not quite,
When operating in Disc mode, the Sovereign GT uses digital filtering to compensate for ground effects but is permenantly working (ie permenant AutoTrack), in the all metal mode the AutoTrack can be turned off ie set to fix

so you mean the AutoTrack works in disc mode also???
i am only wondering between the Elite and the GT.
The elite has only fixed GB.
If the GT has AutoTrack only in all metal mode it doesnt mean anything because i never use all metal.
so yes or no?

The GT has Auto Tracking in both discriminate and all metal modes.

I would like to clarify my post,

Like Kered said, in the discrim. mode, "digital filtering" is used to compensate for ground effects.

In the all metal mode, it is "automatic bround balancing" that compensates for the ground effects.

HH, bottlebum

Digital filtering = AutoTrack = Auto Ground balancing.
On the GT in the All metal it can be turned off, in Disc mode it can't,
On the Elite is in auto all the time regardless of mode,
The elite is not fixed GB, i can send you both manuals if you wish, its all explained in them(to some degree)

In disc mode it is not called auto track, but it is called BBS as it looks at everything and compares it to any ground mineral the way I understand it. This is the reason many of us see more depth in disc than the all metal mode as all metal don't have it and on the Elite and older the ground balance was set, but on the GT you can ground balance or set it for those that want to hunt in all metal for prospecting and some relic hunting.
Now between the Elite and the GT for coin hunting I find the GT has a better ID on deep targets and also if you have a lot of problem with iron you can turn off the iron mask, but it may not see the coins close to iron like it would with the iron mask on. The GT is the better of the 2 if you want to get serious detecting, but yet the Elite will do OK for most, just the GT is a bit better and if you want to prospect you can run it in all metal, but for coin hunting I find the disc and getting to know the detector will do better in my area.

well anyway.
i hunt for small coins on pasture but i wont mind if my unit pick up large deep targets at the same time
so if i buy GT will it do ?
i heared from someone the gt is better choice than explorer.
what do you think?

@ Rick, Sorry but the Elite is NOT fixed GB, but is fully automatic all the time.
(page 7 of user manual :-"As soon as the Sovereign Elite is turned on and swept across the ground,
the ground mineralisation is analysed and then compensated for by
the microprocessor. This ensures that the Sovereign Elite can locate
targets deeper than other units, due to its automatic
compensation of changing ground conditions".)Hence Auto GB
(From the user manual Spec page, "Ground Rejection: Automatic Ground Tracking")

Ground balancing is refered to in many ways but is basically the same, AutoTrack, Ground rejection, Ground Tracking, Digital filtering, Auto tune and many more depending on the manufacturer.

All my sovereigns that i have, had and tested are ALL deeper in All metal than in Disc mode

In Ground that has little to medium iron the sovereign will be just fine, in high iron content aswell, but till you get used to it and what its telling you it will be more of a struggle

If i had the cash i would have an Explorer SE Pro any day, once learned well i think it will be hard to beat