Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:see you yanks love our aussie detectors

mickance

what a great site (here) i have just found , i bought a gt after lots of research ..i would have bought one of the more expensive minelabs but finances said the gt was the best value for what money i had at the time .
so far i have found plenty of aussie $1 and $2 coins on the beach playgrounds and parks with the best being a ring that i thought was a worthless kids ring till i got it home and found it was a platinum wedding ring with english hallmarks(thanks to google)
i am guessing it is worth over $1000 so that has already paid for my gt ........................now i hope to try some gold detecting with it ..not that there are lots of areas around brisbane australia for gold ..but if this thing can pick up my partners gold jewellery i am sure it will work in the gold fields .
has anyone here tried looking for gold with a gt .....???

sorry guys i am new here and didnt see the gt and gold post earlier ...........and anyway the fish werent biting

Good to see some local lads on the hunt. Those 1 & 2 dollar coins soon add up.
Should try the Talgai feild out near Warwick, apparantly nuggets up to 6/7 oz have been found out there.
Check out the Treasure Enterprises Web site as they give heaps of info on local fields.
Talking fishing, was gonna head up to the dams chasing Bass last weekend but got chased out ourselves.
This wicked weather isn't good for some.
Anyway good luck on the hunting and fishing side of things, hope to do the same these holidays coming up.
HH:ausflag:garrett::bounty::minelab::

have checked out that website and every possable other one ......its pretty slack here in queensland as fossicking / prospecting in state forest /parks ect is illegal ....yet across the border in new south wales its ok .
there are quite a few abandoned gold mines close to brisbane scattered throughout the diagular range ( mt cootha and enogera ck are too sensitive to go near) but there are others ..not that i would enter the old mines but rather them being there is proof that the area is ausiferous and worth detecting for miles around that area .....the yanks might not know of our eureka stockade when the miners rebelled against unjust laws ....but anyway IF INJUSTICE BECOMES LAW then RESISTANCE BECOMES DUTY :)

hey aushunter
I JUSt love bass fishing ....ok this is not a fishing site but everyone must admit that fishing and fossicking are related ///you never know what you will find / catch next in the outdoors ...the thrill is almost the same .
i used to have a canoe for bass fishing in northern nsw but havnt tried qld yet .
hey if ever you want company out on the dams ...........let me know :)

now here is a thought of mine i have not heard of anywhere ........GOLD PROSPECTING BY CANOE ...........can go fishing and take pan / detector along ,cast at the sunken logs for bass and stop off at likely looking sites for gold . hey a canoe would even get one along the banks of creeks and streams around gympie ( if you didnt mind being shot by the locals :) but somewhere like the orora river at the back of coffs harbour nsw is one place i will try ..as soon as ebay is kind enough to produce a canoe for me at the right price
cheers

When I go fishing, I take the Excalibur with me all the time.
Went to Maroon fishing the other day but nothing was biting, decided to have a swing around a mates place up near Aratula.
The whole family got into it and became the Aratula Time Team. I managed some old pennies and half pennies, also
heaps of old farm bits and pieces.
I think a few might end up taking on this crazy hobby we love so much.
Where about are you located mickance?:ausflag: