Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag:Just grabbed a GTP 1350 :detecting:

Dangerous_Dave

Well I decided to have a look on ebay for a 2nd hand model if they are around and I lucked on to a brand new ( 2 weeks old) 1350 with an extra 9 x 12 coil and cover for $550.00. Apparently the poor chap who bought it found it aggravated his bad back. With the bit of research I have done I think I have stumbled on to a bloody good deal.

I am hoping that I will get a lot of good years detecting with this choice so I have to ask, can I prospect with the 1350? I assume that it will do anything that I wish to do, am I right?

I just need to get a 250 for Sandra and we will be looking for coins in no time.:twodetecting:

Cheers, Dave.

The 1350 is a great detector. It is one of the best general use models around.
It will detect gold nuggets down to about the size of a match head or a .22 bullet. It is not suited for anything much smaller than that, and so you 'd be advised to get a prospecting detector if you intend to get serious about it. But it will serve to get you started.
Sounds like a great deal nonetheless and you better not sit on it.

you got a great deal, on my 1350 about the smallest nugget so far i found is at 3.5 grams,
i was in the relic mode with the sen as high as i can go without feedback
this nugget was in a sand wash approx 1 1/2 inch's deep, and it hit the first sweep but not again till i move and sweeped
from a difference position, then it was a quick chirp then faded out
it always depend on the soil makeup, but i would like to find some larger ones someday

The 1350 is a great coin and jewelry machine and perhaps relics but it ain't set up for prospecting or nuggetshooting due to the type of ground gold is generally found in.

Bill.

Thanks guys,

I would be happy to just get out and get the coins and jewelery sorted before I go making things too hard for myself. We have a lot of old chinese mines in the hills so I would be happy to find some of the old chinese coins with holes through them and anything else that may have been missed over the years.

I note with interest how you sort your finds ie: wheats, silver dollars etc. What are your most valuable finds and how do you guys rate them in order of worthiness.

Dave.