Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag: GTP 1350 settings

Dangerous_Dave

I have a new area to detect so I decided to install the larger coil and change the batteries while I was at it as I was down to 1 bar with the old ones. Turned the 1350 on to discover that all my settings were gone and I had to retune everything.

What are the best settings for frequency, threshold etc? It was all a little weird when I put the headphones on and there was nothing, no threshold hum etc that I am used to.

It sort of threw me a little as I expected the GTP to act a little differently with the larger coil and looking back I should have tried it with the old batteries, I just didn't realize that it wouldn't retain them like it does when you turn it off.

All in all I had a good day, 2 threepence, 1 halfpenny and a chinese coin that by the markings may be several hundred years old.

FREQENCY- used to tune out other outside interference such as another metal detector close by, power lines, vehicles. Adjusting the frequency will NOT change the depth.

THRESHOLD- just adjust it so you can barely hear the operating audio of the detector without a target under the coil.

SESITIVITY- adjust it as high as possible just below the point of it unstable. greater sensitivity does not = greater depth.

Anytime you lose your settings, remember that you can get back to factory default mode by holding the on button for 10 seconds.

I am not completely familiar with the 1350 but here is a small issue I have with my GTI 2500. If I have mud or dirt stuck in the power button the detector does a factory reset when I turn it off. In other words the button sticks. It is sort of a pain. It doesn't take long to put the settings back where I like them.

Chris

That was my only issue Chris... I just took for granted what my setting were. I also need to find out what changing coils does to the way the unit handles, ie will it find deeper but be less sensitive etc.

Just time spent I think.

I am considering getting the mod done and buying the DD coil for the 1350 as I have a few mates that look for gold.