Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:ausflag: Any Aussie beach hunters out there? :ausflag:

This ole yank Contiki driver is thinking about heading down under to hunt some of them beaches around Surfers and maybe even the Central Coast. Probably in Nov. - Dec.

Anyone going in the ocean waist to chest deep?

Sure would like to hear from some of you guys / gals down there doing the beaches

Beach Cleaner Bob

Hi bob welcome to oz but keep your eyes open here in the water lots of bities down this way, and you can expect to have a bit of competition as those arears are well hunted .terry in oz

i don't live up there but i"d recon if ya hit some less frequented beaches ya may do all right just snoop around & try a few spots when ya Find a good one clean it out.
good luck to ya mate :thumbup:
lazyaussie :ausflag:

Thanks for responses. I have detected lots of beaches there in the past but never had a problem with any water bities. Strange, I never saw anyone detecting when I was there.
I love the scenery :shocked:and the $2 coins.
I have some ray guards for my legs, what does concern me is those darn sharks. I have see them when I have been kayaking in Byron Bay and heard of them taking people in the canals in Surfers. I know about the jelly fish too. Anything else that I might come across in the water?
When is schoolies?

Hi bob where are you from?? the main worry up there now is the blind mullet they have a habit of sticking to your legs ,hard to get off if they dry on ya!!! i see you have seen some of the wild life at byron eh,i just spent 20+ years there and had the detecting nearly all to my self ,about the sharks there they are everywhere while i was living there 2 guys were killed by them both with the sir name of "ford" the guy that was taken at the julian rocks was very unlucky ,the shark was as big as two combi vans long, my mate was the ambo who had to pick up the bits and the shark came along side the 20ft fishing boat and tried to get on board .the other guy was martain ford he was taken at cosy corner while surfing. i have sat up at the lighthouse and watched over eight very large sharks circle the swimmers and board riders below for hours.:ausflag: