Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Attention all Aussie GTI 2500 users.

Aussie Chris

G'Day all. Have just decided to go one and want to know where our coins notch in on the 2500. Also ring pulls, bottle caps gold rings etc.

Any info will help.

Thanks
Chris.

Chris.
I got to play with a GTA 1250 briefly over the Christmas break. It was in a shop. The balance is first class. The only thing about coins that I can tell you though, is that the $1 coin will give a bell tone and the $2 coin which comes in on the next notch down, doesn't. They come in at notch 7 and 7.5. I spoke with Phil some time back about the GTI's, and he tells me that coins will lock onto the B size and screw caps will generally bounce between B and C in the sizing. He said that I could expect to big about 50% less screw caps with the GTI. Think of the notching like the Ace, with only half notches in between.
As far as pull tabs went, he indicated that there was no real way of telling them apart from a coin, as far as notching sizing goes. I'm not sure if he was talking about the Ace or the GTI's at the time, but did indicate that if you listen to the pinpoint, then you can often pick a pull tab from a coin. I think that he may have been referring to the shape of a pull tab. I experimented with it, and found that some times a pull tab will give a double beep along it's length and a single beep along it's width. I noticed last week also, that sometimes a pull tab will show up in notch 4 on the Ace, like a 5 and 10 cent piece, but will bounce to notch 3 at times. I have not looked into it enough, to see if the coins bounce the same way. I guess a bit more attention to this will be needed.
Good luck with the new machine, it looks like a cracker.
Mick Evans.