Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

at what depth does your Id fall apart?

Around 7" and then the ID numbers get a little bouncy.

Depends on the soil, and whether or not there is more than one type of soil where you are detecting and sometimes how long the target has been in the soil and how much the signal is affected by mineralisation...sometimes after 2" or 3", sometimes as deep as 7" - 9". As I said, a few factors involved, so one person's experiences may not be the same as another's. HH

In my experience if you have a good target and there isn't any trash near your target then ID holds up down to 6 to 8 inches, that's what I call the dream secerio. Most of the time that's not the case, that's when you need to understand what language your detector is talking in, also important is watching how much your ID # jump around, the steadier the # the better your chances. Also, the sharper the edges of your tones the better your chances.

It depends on the target, soil, EMI, etc.

Ballpark on my F75 LTD2:

Dimes 6-7"
Copper pennies 8-9"
Silver quarters: 11"
Silver half: 11" +

Flat rusty big iron: infinity.

About 7" on a dime for me in my soil. There are numerous contributing factors, however, and some have already been mentioned. Coins slanted and on edge seems to be a big factor. I will say this DST model F 75 I have is much better then my previous F 75's. The last LTD I had I found it to really be a crap shoot as to what the target might be. Not the case with my current F 75. HH jim tn

jim tn said:
.... I will say this DST model F 75 I have is much better then my previous F 75's. The last LTD I had I found it to really be a crap shoot as to what the target might be. Not the case with my current F 75. HH jim tn

Jim I agree, the new DST F75 LTD2 is much, much better. I recently dug a deep indian head that was a solid TID.

BTW the figures I posted would be lower if not using the F75 LTD2 with DST.

hh,
Brian

Depends on a lot of factors. I use the ID and audio as parts of the puzzle and don't really trust what a detector is "telling me".

It's a machine set to perform within certain parameters.

I lift the coil, sweep from different directions, watch the ID, listen for tone (nice vowel sounds are usually preferable to consonants or clicks and pops.

But, as far as IDs, with my F-75 I have had it display "71" and, sure enough, at 10" there was a clad dime which is consistent with what a dime's TID usually is. It is also consistent with nickels displaying 28 to 31 down to 8", and that's better than most in my experience.