Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At the beach

Divin

At the beach with the family getting in some detecting. Game plan is to try to get out at low tide and see what I can find. Did not have much luck yesterday. As I swept my way back towards the house had a find with vdi at 15-17. Dug deep and found a half used tin of grizzly wintergreen chew. At least it got me on the map. Hoping for better finds as we go. ….

I know jkline was on OR beach last week and got skunked. Last I heard a junk earring and a nickel……. We head to the OR coast in two weeks, guess time will tell if us poor people where we go drop more stuff than those rich folks go where Jeff went. 😳😂😂

I know jkline was on OR beach last week and got skunked. Last I heard a junk earring and a nickel……. We head to the OR coast in two weeks, guess time will tell if us poor people where we go drop more stuff than those rich folks go where Jeff went. 😳😂😂
Best of luck to you!

Here in Florida there will be 200 people with detectors on the beaches by Monday'
25646831-3D04-4C3C-AD5C-5FBEEBD32773.jpeg

Stolen from https://pressofatlanticcity.com/gal...n_78d77a64-c018-11e2-8ae4-001a4bcf887a.html#2

That pic is Ocean City, NJ in 2013
I as at that hunt and am in the photo.
My opinion is that all beaches will pick up after this Holiday
Happy Fourth to all!
Tony
Also it was pre-pandemic, a lot of people got into metal detecting last year and 1/2. A sweep of the coil maintains a perfect 6 feet apart! 👍

Divin, interesting point about distance and metal detecting. I guess it’s one factor in newbies these days.
Tony

wow...most coils are at an angle and most are over 6 inches above the sand...is that normal beach detecting ?
Elmy, that picture was snapped at the end of a 45 minute seeded beach hunt. No one is digging any tokens at that point.
It was a cold May Day before the holiday and the Army Corp had just replenished the sand two days before the hunt, so there were no fresh drops or beach coins to be had.
Tony

So far lots of bottle tops, Corona caps the most by far. Some aluminum cans. I did find a gold plated pineapple, either a pin or earring. Most of my finds are at the entrance ways of the beach.

That pic is Ocean City, NJ in 2013
I as at that hunt and am in the photo.
My opinion is that all beaches will pick up after this Holiday
Happy Fourth to all!
Tony
Tony, looks like beach replenishment after Superstorm Sandy as we also had in up in Long Branch. HH