Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO orGTI 2500

radiant777

I got stated in metal detecting over three years ago. I've been using the ACE 250. Got a lot of experience with it, along with a lot of coinage and other items. Would like to step up to a more advanced detector. I like the Garrett metal detectors and have been looking at the AT pro and the GTI 2500. Cost a lot more than my 250 but am very interested in a higher end model. IAny suggestions as to which would be better?

I would go with the AT Pro......learn the tones well and you will find that it will go deep and pull out the good ones. :)

Thanks for the responses. I was leaning toward the AT pro. Been reading a lot of good reviews on it. Kellyco has an AT pro 2 advertised on their site. Anybody know anything about it?

Call Bart at Big Boy's Hobbies. He is a sponsor on this forum and some others. His service is great as are his prices. I know many people who have used him and now will not use anybody else. When I ordered my first detector from him I called the phone number on a Sunday expecting to get the store. It went to his cell phone, he took the order personally and I had my detector in a couple days time. Plus the price was well below what I was quoted from others. Tell him you are a forum member when you call.

The AT Pro has the advantage of getting in the water. That would fry the circuit board in the GTI-2500. I wish the AT-Pro had been available when I bought my 2500. I like my detector, but getting in the water yields more stuff than just using it on land.

The GTI 2500 is a great machine! Wish it was waterproof like the AT-Pro, half the weight and trimmed down to about a 1/3 in size.

i own 3 Garretts at the moment, the ACE 350 i wont ever sell was my first detector, AT Pro had for a while now almost a year and GTI 2500 i picked up for a good price 2 months ago and just started using past fortnight.
I now swinging the AT Pro and GTI each time i go out, trying like mad to figure out how to use the GTI in a lot of ways AT Pro wins hands down as a better detector but one thing i noticed past few weeks is the 9 inch coil on the GTI is going deep to around 12 inches which is comparable to the AT Pro and when in a trash area using the GTI imaging allows you to pick coins out with ease at some great depth while missing most of the trash, but GTI is a lot harder machine to master than AT Pro.
With AT Pro i like to use the 5x8dd coil on it in the high trash areas, this can pick a coin out from trash a lot better than the stock 11 inch dd coil with only the loss of 3 to 4 inches in depth.
So yes both machines are fantastic, the AT Pro is missing larger coils like a 14 inch DD which would make beach detecting a lot easier yet the GTI has those larger coils, the salt elimination on the GTI lets you detect a beach with ease but with AT Pro you got to remember to ground balance when you go from dry sand to wet sand and from wet sand to surf.
Other thing GTI has that AT Pro is missing is Backlight, also i have the older GTI so i still have treasure talk on it, which allows me to detect at night without backlight. I do love using treasure talk.
If you ever get the chance to pick up a older second hand GTI to add to your stable of Detectors then do so, i got mine for less than half of the cost of a new one or a little less than i paid for my AT Pro.

Hey Ozzie...if you scroll through the menu on your GTI 2500...you will see an option to turn on the backlight...

ALan

yes i do know how to turn the backlight on, just when i around the parks i now switch it off if to many drunks or teenage trouble makers around.

If you go for the AT-Pro you really want that two coil package. That 5x8 coil is my favorite! It much better in trash and lighter to swing. A must in lots of iron. Then there's the sniper coil if you want to work real close to playground equipment or fences. It's really a great machine.

I use the 5x8 dd nearly all the time now on my AT Pro she is a wonderful coil for sure, really does pick coins out of trash easily

The GTI 2500 backlight will significantly shorten your battery life to a mear 3-4 hours if left on...
and of course turning it on and off is wear on the button...If you have the newer 2500, I understand that the backlight button took the place of the Treasure Talk button.

HH,