Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO ONE WAY SOUNDS??

tarajudy

I've been getting a lot of one way tones or sounds that sometimes vanish.Why does this happen?? My settings are most of the time STD ALL METAL OR COINS MODE NOTHING NOTCHD OUT.
No problem finding targets

One way deep signals should be dug. Good targets are skipped because we rely too much on perfect tones and vdi numbers. You will dig junk but when you hit a good one you will like it. Vanishing targets could be loose connections or edi interference. You have to dig pull tabs to find rings.

Dig them! They are often times a good target right beside a bottle cap. Dig those iffy signals. It costs you absolutely nothing.:detecting:

PRO MODE DOES NOT WORK AT ALL ON MY DETECTOR ALONG WITH THE PIN POINT BUTTON. DETECTOR JUST GOS DEAD NOTHING IN THIS MODE.
NOT SENDING IT BACK AGAIN 6 MONTHS OLD. BUT IN STD MODE IT WORKS LIKE AN OVER PRICED ACE 250. SENT IT BACK 2 TIMES OH WELL

I'd give Garrett a call and explain the situation. If sales can't make you happy, talk to Paul, repair manager. There's no reason you should have to live with a half-functional detector. If you got a lemon, see if they can't send you a new machine along with a return label for the non-working machine.

I agree with William-NM, I'm not sure how you can put up with a half functional detector. You'll really missing a lot without the PRO mode/not to mention the PIN POINT function (I'm an Electronic Engineer, I don't design metal detector....but I know circuitry inside tend to interact with each other...kind of got the feeling a half function unit is probably what's causing your problem /not unless Garret used 2 different circuitry for STD and PRO but now days seems like everything is compact into 1 circuit ). Anyway Garrett has always been great to me/including their service I would send it back if I was you.

DID A FACTORY RESET 3 TIMES CHANGED COILS AND IT NOW WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD.
I think the coil wire that goes into the detector was not in all the way. Not easy to tighten it.
THANKS
BOYS & GIRLS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

The only drawback i see with the AT series is the conectors. Big fingers and tight spot to tighten and remove.:)

wyseman said:
The only drawback i see with the AT series is the conectors. Big fingers and tight spot to tighten and remove.:)
Amen! I love my new ATP, but sometimes it takes me 10 minutes to connect my headphones, lol!

Glad you got it working. Those connections were hard for me when I first got my At/Pro, but now I am used to them. The only thing I can't get used to is every time I plan a little metal detecting, Murphy's Law rises his ugly head. Hope you tune in with your now functioning At/Pro and post some photos of some great finds. GL & HH.

Deep signals, on the fringe of the detectors range, will sometimes give a faint signal. It can often only be heard while swinging on direction. You can adjust the GB and strengthen the signal sometimes.

Here is my AT Pro after liposuction .Much better access to headphone and coil connectors and a lot better balance w stock coil