Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT Pro Ground balance

jim42

Anyone having any problems with auto ground balance? When I try to auto balance doesn't move have to use manual to get good balance for dirt hunting. But when I go to the wet salt sand and use auto it seems to lower and balance correctly.But not from wet sand to soil ???????

It seems like if your about 5 points away from being balanced it doesn't adjust. To me it seems like there is a 5 point GB window. Manually move your GB up or down 10 points then the auto will adjust.

Mine won't ground balance in the soil here or snow for that matter. That's because the mineralization is so low that my machine just can't do it. It's similar to trying to ground balance it in the air....no can do :shrug:. However, you can ground balance the machine manually, and set it slightly positive or negative, depending if you want to cut out some ground chatter, or make it more sensitive to higher or lower conductors. So, your detector is probably working fine. You are not the first one to notice this.....

Go back & read the manual on ground balancing the machine. There are 2 ways. :)

Went out today and hit the hard stuff. GB came in at 90, 91, 92.

I was also in a spot that had water and being fresh water I could walk parallel, again high GB, much black sand showing. Everything was smooth, but many targets on the water

Yes, 8 is possible. Just going by memory. It was very stable when it made a change or when it didn't. I don't see it to be any problem. I was able to manually GB with no problem either. But after a while just let the machine decide every hour or so.

this is the thing about detecting I don't know how to do after 10 years detecting and having used 7 different machine, they all came with auto GB, I have a lot of spots I want to try this at

Are you sure that all seven of them had AUTO ground balance? That would be automatically set, such as an Auto-Track circuit or a Automated GB circuit. Or did you mean your models had a factory Preset Ground Balance, which is more often the case?

A whole bunch of folks for decades now have had, or currently have, models that rely on a factory preset GB. There is no automation to them as they don't auto-balance or auto-track, and/or they lack a manual GB adjustment, too. Then, since a factory preset GB can frequently be too negative or even a bit too positive for some sites, there are some performance issues, especially falsing from a too-negative GB. Most newer hobbyists just don't know what Ground balance is or what it does.

Monte