Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO for prospecting

seb1008

There is a nice little review in the Yank-Aussie Prospecting Forum about using the at pro in Australia's hot ground. I am heading out to west texas for work so since I do not what the ground is like out there these comments help reasure me that the at pro should be able to handle the ground.

Out to the Davis mountains about 50 miles from the Rio Grand river and Mexico. 90 miles from the nearest walmart, Should be some interesting relic hunting.
I was going to go with the G-2 but the at pro is winning out. Especially being waterproof. I imagine that creeks with nice camping sites would be the ticket out there where it is so dry.

We know that area very well.:thumbup:I'm a Texan and own several acres out west. I'm sure that new machine will handle that ground quite easily.:garrett::detecting:
Best of luck to ya!:biggrin:That's some beautiful country. Make sure you bring a buddy. Don't go alone. Make sure you're carryin' too.(packin' heat) I wouldn't want to be in that area without some protection.
Have fun!:bouncy:Happy Hunting!:)

Thank you metalhead. It looks like some really interesting and lonely country. I am really looking forward to getting out there in a few weeks. I want to get my Florida CWP before I go. Just picked up a small 3"barrel 357 for carry. Do many people detect along the rio grande river? Who knows what you could find buried along that river.lol . I was thinking about the Gold bug SE, but I think the At pro sounds like the better machine. With the price of silver I should check out some of the old silver mines.

Yeah, that's a great idea to get your CWP. Texas will honor that. I suggest that you stay away from the river/borderlands areas. Just a few short years ago, it was cool to hunt down there and even do a little prospectin'. Unfortunately, over the past few years the drug violence has gotten very bad along the border. Not only that, but you are likely to get hassled by the Border Patrol nazis or some gun totin' civilian(Minutemen). You mentioned fifty miles from Rio Grande. That should be cool. I wouldn't go down too close to the border, though. Have fun!:detecting: Happy Hunting!:)

Please be sure to post your experiences even if your finds aren't great! Myself and some others are in the beginning stages of planning a spring trip to the border area. We've contacted the local sheriff's dept. already and have a green light...for now. We'll be much closer than 50mi of the border though. I do expect a huge hassle from the BP-the bad thing is that we'll be within a mile or so of an observation tower. I'm already arranging my backpack to facilitate opening and repacking frequently since I feel quite certain we'll be shaken down multiple times!

Hey Seb good luck on your trip,I should have this ball and chain cut of my leg by the new year and me and the dog will be heading out to the gold fields here in OZ to give the pro another work out on the yella ,the dog hasn't left the side of the car,funny how they no your on the move,still haven't got the sniper coil,,,when is it ever gonna hit the shelves,,:surprised: I will have a go at upping the GB and see how it goes on the gold ,the pro handles the mineralisation here really well which is a big advantage and can make a world of difference listening for the faint signal,here is a pic that should get your heart rate up,,,12ozs not found with a Garrett but recovered with a Garrett pin pointer,have a good one and let us know how you go,,Bazza

A testing patch.
If you can't see the test nugget-bit don't panic, nor do the Scale and the Pro-Pointer before it gets a super tune.

Testing_BlackAT-Pro.jpg

The AT-Pro detected the test nugget-bit.

ivanll

Nice pic Ivan....I wish the Infinium would get those little bits.

Nice composition of pictures there Ivanll.

I did the close up and saw you have electrical tape or something on the bottom of your coil.

Do you pick up mineralized soils with it? I could throw the Gb off.
SJ

Alan, that would be wishful thinking,........... perhaps in it's 4th stage of development.

ivanll

Sunny Jim said:
Nice composition of pictures there Ivanll.

I did the close up and saw you have electrical tape or something on the bottom of your coil.

Do you pick up mineralized soils with it? I could throw the Gb off.
SJ

PVC Duct Tape to be exact, yes it did get full of dust can easily snip it off, only meant as a short time protection, full cover skid plate for use when prospecting not available yet as usual, might have to make one myself.

ivanll

kaikai the buai kaikai the buai u come na kaikai the buai with me..............

ivanll said:
PVC Duct Tape to be exact, yes it did get full of dust can easily snip it off, only meant as a short time protection, full cover skid plate for use when prospecting not available yet as usual, might have to make one myself.

They are available. My dealer had one included and it came with the At Pro.

Jerry

Jerry-Wi said:
ivanll said:

They are available. My dealer had one included and it came with the At Pro.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, yes I have seen the open type coil protector and a good dealer will include one of those as you have experienced in WI, but I'm in :ausflag: our Garrett related services are definitly not the same.

ivanll