Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At-pro first time out

ls1more

went out to test out my new to me At Pro and i already know this is the one haha the coins in my had were the first 30 mins i was out then the rest on the table are all the coins and the second 30 min outing.

i basically went back to my local park to see if i missed out on anything and now i am sure i have cleaned it up. the iron discrimination is really nice- didnt dig up as much trash as i had before. might try out a larger park tomorrow then maybe the lake.

What settings? Watch for the Nickels. They are a 52 with a mid-tone, unlike the other coins. I missed a lot of those when the ATP was new to me.

pro mode custom with iron discrimination and pull tabs. it was really nice to hear the iron disc , i would have been digging all day haha.

i did get a 99/100 at one point but no way it was a dollar coin. it was near a drain pipe.

also i keep hitting alot of +8-10 depth items that i havent tried yet.

That HELIX thing is cool.One can never find it all so when you go back again you will find more goodies.

Disc-ing out pulltabs may also disc out Nickels. The Newer tabs come in at 53 or above most times. Nickels at a solid 51/52, so I dig all the 51/52 signals and any that are questionable, like a 51/52/53. Others come in in the low to mid 40's and low 60's. The tone can make the difference on weather to dig or not. A Nickel is very solid normally, often screaming loud. Others will be dimmer or scratchy.

A 99-100 is most likely steel, not large silver. All the large silver I have found have been a 91/92, high tone.

I don't keep Iron Audio on, using only on questionable targets. My preference. I use custom at the Beach(saltwater) and areas containing a lot of nuisance targets I don't want to dig constantly

You are doing well, keep at it..