Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO COIL

I like my 5X8 in parks because of the awesome separation. I still use the 8.5X11 stock coil in larger areas like open fields with very few targets but I am thinking about getting one of the bigger NEL coils for that application. Heard lots of good reviews on them.

I have the NEL coil also and is very sensitive and will find stud earrings on the beach like nothing I have ever used DRY SAND ONY TOO SENSITIVE IN WET SALT SAND BUT GREAT ON FRESH WATER BEACHES. 42 years and still detecting almost every now.

I use the stock 11"... its all I have, I hunt fresh water, Lake Michigan. I've not yet once used the Pro on the dirt, just water and beach...I sure like the input about the NEL...I need coverage and power since theres so much empty sand between pings...so if I was going to try a NEL, it would be mainly for the coverage reason...

I can say I am extremely happy with the results the stock 11" coil and the blue headphones have delivered in the past 2yrs of nearly constant water work, in all seasons...I have great confidence in the stock set up, if I get it over gold, be it a chain or ring, it hits it HARD as far as I can tell...I love this rig..:inlove:
Mud.

For coin hunting, I like the 9" x 12" concentric coil, as it has a larger footprint cutting down the time to hunt large areas. For general relic hunting, usually in the woods, I prefer the 5" x 8" DD coil. The 9" x 12" coil gets better ID probability then a DD coil. DD coils have a real affinity to bottle caps, and that is the main reason I don't like to hunt parks and sports fields with them, as bottle caps are plentiful.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_searchcoil_tech_sheet.aspx

Each coil has it pros and should be used in specific environments. I bought the 5x8 for my grandson to learn with. It is lighter and pinpointing was better for him. I recently had a ring search that only the 4.5" Super Sniper would have found the ring. The ring was in an attic, between the ceiling joist. And just last Monday the 8x11 was the coil to use in the field / brush to find a lost wedding band. Both returns brought tears to the eyes of the owners. The attic ring had belonged to the man's father and the brush ring had belonged to the woman's mother. Both had great sentimental value to the owners.
I was luck in that each ring was found within 15 minutes of the search. Just loving that ATPro and its notching feature. In each case I had notched out everything, except the gold range. I also did the same for a platinum ring lost in the snow.

WTG! You've been putting smiles on people's faces for a long time now. Those deeds sure would make an interesting collection of stories to read.
See you Tuesday - right? Eleanor too? My sweetie is coming with me tuesday for the food and fun.
Take care and stay warm.
HH - Bruce

I use both DD coils and I belive Garrett knows what works best. The big coil is stable at high sensitivity, coverage and depth when conditions allow. In the water I usually use the large coil. The little one separates and can get decent depth - a quarter at 7" in my test plot. Dimes and cents at 5" are common finds. I use the pro in and out of the water on a plugger straight shaft. I use the GGA's and have the stock phones as well, sold the blues.
HH - Bruce

I gotta go with the 5X8 coil, myself. Stock coil in large areas. Artie

Since I purchased the 5X8 coil. the stock coil has not been used. :thumbup:

The 5X8 has no noticable depth loss and is soo much easier to swing.

It definitely seperates targets much better also.

Unless I am out in a giant corn field or in the woods I do not plan on putting the stock coil back on. :laugh: