Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO Battery holder

gmeechan

Hi
I just recieved my new AT Pro and while checking the batteries I dropped the battery holder which broke. Very flimsy. Does anyone know if other Garrett models battery holders are the same size. 4xaa with the transistor style ends .Ive tried emailing Garretts and KCo but no repies thus far. I havent been able to use it so far and I am desperate. I live in Australia .

George

Hi George, The battery holder is very common, you can buy them at Dick Smiths or Jaycar. I have a couple here, if you send me your address I will post one off to you. I also live in Aussie and only received my AT Pro 2 days ago.

Cheers,
cocksie46 (Kevin)

Cheers if you could give me a part number that would save it for you. I appreciate the offer
Just let me know how much and I will reimburse you if you send one over

George Brown
Camden Fire Station
129 Macarthur Rd
Elderslie
NSW 2570

Hi George, I will post off holder today, no charge, glad to help. Hope you have fun with the AT Pro. I still haven't had a chance to field test mine yet, hopefully this weekend.

Cheers,
Kevin

That's a good fella right there...Hat's off to ya for jumping in there and lending a hand to a fellow detectorist Kevin!! :clapping: :thumbup:

A+ I know they are out there but it is good to see folks that are still willing to help some one and expect nothing in return.
Kind of makes you feel warm and fuzzy all over.

Jason

Just did the exact same thing was changing batteries and the holder slid out and hit the floor and broke the end tab, now to find a new one.

While you are waiting for those good people to get a battery holder to you you may try to superglue the broken one it may work

Search for:

Double Side 4 x 1.5V AA Battery Holder and storage case

Should be less than $7 a pair.

Some holders and rechargeable NiMH AA cells make the holders so tight you have to fight to get the battery pack out of the detector. This has not happened with my ATPro, but the Infinium was a different story. If the battery pack does not slide in without a push, it will be fine.

I dropped mine and busted a chunk out of it. I slathered it in super glue, and it has been good for a year or two. When I order a new coil cover I'll likely grab a back up.