Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT PRO BATTERIES 1-2 HOURS

tarajudy

Can't seem to find why my AT PRO batteries only last 1-2 hours before discharging and battery indicator starts flashing. This happens with all batteries I use, rechargeable SANYO 2700, DURACELL, ENELOOP, RAYOVAC. REG BATTERIES DURACELL COPPERTOP, LITHIUM BATTERIES.
TURN AC PRO ON HUNT FOR AN HOUR, TURN DETECTOR ON BATTERY INDICATOR STARTS FLASHING 2-3 BARS DOWN

HELP

Why don't you send it to Garrett first to get it fixed before you sell it to someone else and they get screwed over. If selling you should tell new owner the problem with the machine before they buy it. GS

Please, Calm down, Stop YELLING and turn off the caps. They are trying to tell you, it needs repair, it isn't something they can tell you how to repair. I've never owned a Minelab, but I'm sure the have problems too, I've read about them on other sites. Garrett has great customer service and they will be more than helpful. I had to send my ATP in for a software reload, and I missed it a lot, for all of 11 days. That's all it took to have repaired and returned. While there they replaced the screen cover I dinged with my digger. It works great now, for nearly two years now.

Make sure you have the correct polarity and consider taking a pencil with an eraser on the end, and cleaning the contacts of both batteries and battery contacts. If you still have issues, please call Garrett at 1 800 527 4011. The folks at Garrett are very reasonable. Good luck!

Tarajudy I have a question for you. When you have it on for a while or when off, if you remove the battery pack, is it very warm? I have over 22 years repairing electronics circuits, The AT PRO's full voltage is 6 volts. (4 batteries in series at 1.5v each) It should have a circuit inside the unit to regulate the 6 volts. If the regulating circuits has a short or leak it will drain the batteries life quickly. That's why I asked if it was warm (Also smell the battery box if it's got a burnt smell to it) If that's the problem send it back to Garrett. Loose contact wouldn't drain the batteries life/batteries in backward would only cause the unit to come on with only 1 bar and sometimes a humming noise.. Good luck on it.

thanks I will try doing what you said. I have this feeling it's not shouting down when I turn it off because when I put new batteries in it's ok as long as I use it. It's only when I turn it back.
I will call GARRETT TODAY.

Does it actually run completely down? I use rechargeables in my AT Pro and they drop several bars and flash right away but I've been using them for 2 months now and still just 2 bars down.

I would send back to Garrett and let them check it out... sounds like it is eating batteries way too fast. My batteries usually last 15 hours before they need to be replaced.

tarajudy said:
SOUNDS LIKE A TRIP TO EBAY FOR THIS GARRETT AND BACK TO MINELAB. WATCH ON EBAY

Why Not post it on here for sell to a forum member instead of The Big E just curious since you post on here that it is not working for you or maybe trade it for something else Like I said Just Curious not looking to offend

I talked to a Garrett rep about my At/Pro and got a RMA number to send it back and trust they will repair and send it back as soon as they can. Looking forward to it's return. Hope you give them a chance to show you their customer service.