Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At my sisters this weekend,a HUGE life altering slap in the face got me:shrug:

warthog

I have been feeling not too hot the last 3-4 weeks,and have had symptoms suggesting diabetes.........The hospital checked me,my blood sugar level was 530:sadwalk:.......I have a dr appointment for tomorrow.........Just when I thought my life was going to be smooth sailing for a while after a bad 2011,here is this damn millstone hung around my neck for the rest of my life.Pardon me if I sound bitter,but now I have to watch practically everything I eat and drink,the amount,when I eat,and there is the chance of that damn insulin injections,just to keep me alive,and right now,Im not sure if its WORTH keeping me alive,.......From one version of hell to another,is all my life has been for the past three years,and Im sick of it...........

I really am sorry for your bad news but it's not the end of the rainbow of life. It's a new beginning! It's at this point in your life that you need to hang onto your faith. And remember...God isn't finished with you yet. You can do this!

Hello my name is Harold and I have had diabetes t for about ten years and to go a long with it I have Lupus witch is not any fun . I also had two heart attacks in 2009 which should of finished what life I had left after these other disease's but God still had a use for me .. Now its very hard to forget what God's word tells us and what he really does for us . I think he gives us trials and tribulations to test our faith and strength . God gave me a miracle to help open my eyes when I first came down with the Lupus I almost died but with the help of good VA doctors and God they brought me to a controllable stage . I had fluid gathering around my lungs and every month they had to stick a large needle through my back to drain the fluids out take my word for it that's a lot worse than taking the insulin . They removed that fluid for a most a year and a half then my sister took me on a trip to Oregon to visit my brother because they didn't think I was going to be around to long anyway while I was there this wonderful lady mother of my brothers girlfriend ask me if she could lay hands on me and pray for me I said yes . But in my mind I was thinking it was a waste of time but I let her do it and they have never taken any fluid from my lungs since that day , my lungs cleared up and both look good now with no problems my Kidneys were also down to 5 % and they have came back to almost normal . Anyway the morel of my story God will do miracles in your life also if you just believe but he works by his plan not yours . It really took a miracle to open my eyes to what I really knew in my heart as I was raised in a Christian family and attended church and even attended church regularly as a adult . Now I don't complain I just get up and thank God for everyday he gives me . I need to work on doing his work he wants me to do , its easy to forget his work when you feel really bad a lot of the time .. The last few years my knees got bad also and I have to use a walker to get around most of the time . The doctors say I need new knees but I am to high risk to operate on now cause I have to be on blood thinner all the time (warfarin) is what I take for that along with 13 other meds to control the Lupus and the damage it and the other meds do . So don't be sad of discourage things will get better if you just believe and be positive God will do the rest or lead you to the right thing for you . Sorry to be so long and boring just wanted to let you know we all go through bad times . God bless you he will take care of you if you let him .

Harold - thanks for sharing your story with us. It's awesome to read how God has healed you throughout your life. I will be praying that he also heal those knees of yours!

Warthog - I know that life can get overwhelming at times but look at how God has blessed you. You have a gift of music and a wonderful new wife. I pray that you can accept this new challenge and conquer it! God bless!

Warty, old mate, troubles pass and yours will pass also.

Harold gives some good insight above and thank you Harold for your strong word of testimony.

Sandtick gives good advice and reminders of past blessings also.

The best advice comes from the Lord, "Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain you: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

It will pass Warty.

Warthog, as hard as it is (and yes, it can be overwhelming), you must place your trust in The Lord concerning your health. Very seldom do I mention this, but I also suffer from chronic pain. I have fibromyalgia, endometriosis and a couple of other chronic conditions. I always have some pain. Most days my hips and lower back are screaming. Driving hurts, sitting hurts, everything hurts. God recently revealed to me that I wasn't trusting him for complete healing. My prayers had been focused on asking God to help me manage, to be able to care for my home and family, to ease my suffering. Every day I manage, but Gid wants us to live abundantly. Abundant is so much more than surviving. Ask God for healing and believe it. Reread Jeremiah 29. Last Thursday, my prayers changed and I have had almost no pain. Only God can provide so abundantly.

Well, that is just where satan wants you to be (right?) so why give in to him; rise up and pray that God will have mercy and spare you the insulin injections! You are borrowing trouble before you know for sure what is ahead to face with the human dr and Jesus DR helping you! Do not be discouraged for God is still on His throne and you are not alone, so take courage that HE will lift you up out of the dark pit by giving Him Praise even in this and I know it is difficult....but don't give up and keep on, keepin' on with Jesus....no matter how dark the way may look, for He is the silver lining as the way gets brighter at the end of each trial! Prayers for a good report that it won't be as bad as you think and are fearing....FEAR NOT....Jesus will take care of you for He cares for and loves you! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thanks Harold for your testimony and I pray everything will keep on getting better and better for you! God is so good and we must wait patiently for His timing of fulfilling His plans for each of us, as we grow in faith more and more in the trials we do go through! I am 78 and have Chronic pain from Osteoarthritis and have COPD...but I am still living and trying to serve the Lord, although it is difficult at times with weakness all over! I have learned to lean on and trust in Jesus and He does care for us very much and wants His Children well and serving Him faithfully but we have to wait upon the Lord and He will renew our strength and increase our faith! May God Bless you and yours and welcome! Amen! :angel: Ma