Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At last, a day of rest....

George-CT

Still in the repair man mode. Helping local farmers keep their gear running. Mostly welding broken pieces on this old worn out equipment they try to keep using. Can't blame them the new stuff is pricey. It finally turned hot and muggy here inland. Today is the worst I've seen it yet, feels like down in South America in the jungle... It looks like the hurricane heading this way will get pushed out to see by a cold front. Fine with me....We get a lot of tree damage up this way. Last time we were off the electric grid for 9 days and had to cut our way out to the road.

With the heat on I made today and indoor day with the AC. Building another Full Tower PC up to play with. The wife and I both liking getting on line so we needed another unit. The first one came out really nice so shopped EBAY and found all the parts I needed.
Have everything here but the power supply. It may arrive late today with any luck. Nice to get a day out of the fields with the gnats, and humidity. Thats about it, the old work till ya drop routine. Unfortunately I dropped much easier these days. Must of worn some parts out over the years.

Our last motocross race at the club for this year is Sunday. Can't say I'm sad to see that over this year. They condensed them up where we had 2 a month. Lot of work for free. ONe big Turkey Run left. Its 75 miles in the woods with some pretty hard sections to get through. Nice part is it will be in the fall, not far off, so great time to be out there. My son and I ride sweep after everyone has left. We wait about 1 hour then ride the course taking down the arrows, putting up gates etc on peoples propertys they lets us pass thru and cleaning up along with looking for anyone broken down out there. Fun day for the riders then a big chicken dinner at the club at the end of the day along with awards. Nice day for $30.00 bucks to ride it and eat. We just about break even on it, but it promotes the sport, keeps the trails active and able to be seen. We have one of the few legal trails in Connectict from a grant we got from the Federal people to do it. They are supposed to make 3 more but so far others around the state have not done it. We we are not having events on the trails, the mt bike people use them as well as the hikers and horse people. Most of it is a Pachaug State Forest Land with private land connecting some of it....

I have not been on the road bike in 2 weeks now. Just to busy or to beat later in the day. If it cools next week I will be on it.

Well, there ya have it. If your eyes open in the morning, the rest is gravey.

Later

George

I know from busy George... Been helping out with welding, fabricating and machining parts for people.. Ah well..... keeps me off the streets and away from loose women!! :):

Winter will be on us soon enough... meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy summer/Autumn. Going to try to dive tomoorow with my grandson. Time he learned anyway!!

Fair winds

Micheal

Good luck on your dive. Wish I could still do it myself. I know where there were a lot of rafts when I was a kid. All were in salt water but then the towns startnig getting nervous about law suits so removed them. got to be lots of goodies where they were.

I saw your garden post the other day putting up all the different veggies. Your a busy fella, but its well worth the effort. Better grade food.

George-CT

I underxtand why the farmers are fixing up old equipment. My dad always said "Son, in the ranching business you're gonna have 2 bad years for every good one, so patch up, fix up, & make do. You don't need a new saddle as long as you can patch up the old one & make it do." My saddle was 30 years old when I got it in '54, & I rode it until '69, when we had to sell the place.

the hurricane fizzles and does not give you folks grief!
I know what you mean about needing a rest, good luck with that friend:biggrin:
What a good thing that you are able to build your own computer and have just what you want. I have considered it also next time i need an upgrade. Just one of the advantages is that you do not get all the company bloatware that comes with a brand:ranting:

I am on the run again, will be too for a while.