Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

At Last a bit of Good News

SurfCutter

As some of you may know things here are on a break up after 16 years and of late I have not been at my best .... I got a break today in that my son has had a Core Test at my request to the school and the results are what I expected he does not have in any way shape or form what that quack doctor reported him to have that my hopefully soon to be ex-wife had taken him to .....Asperger Syndrome
Now that I and the school have a good base line to start at I must take the next steps for what is best for him , a tutor which he has now may be changed or improved instruction to better deal with his current needs given this report. It just floors me how easy it is to cause so much damage with just a few half truths and a Doctor willing to listen and not follow up the sources .....

Bill G.
A Bit Happier on an Unhappy Road to Better Times Ahead

idiot doctor labeling a kid with this or that syndrome. I feel if a child has a learning disability, as in not paying attention, or slower in class, pay closer attention, and help them. Kids are much better off,without being labeled. Keep on pressing the right buttons Bill! Stick to what you think is the right thing to do!

n/t

n/t

and probably a heck of a lot less, you will wonder why it was so painful. Pick up the pieces and look forward. Don't look back as it does no good. The future is always bright if you let it be

your son? I am so very glad for you and him that he does not have Asperger Syndrome, as my 6 year grandson does. Very slight, but still enough to make him a bit "different" from the other children at school. He went to a school before kindergarten for three years previous which helped him so much, but it breaks my heart to see this little angel having so many problems so young. We are having him re-tested after Christmas, and I just pray every night for God to not let the children make fun of him at school, or make him feel less. He is already in kindergarten, and kids can just be down right cruel. I have shed many a tear for him over the past 4-5 years. All we can hope for is that the older he gets, the better he will become. He is not retarded, as he is a very smart little boy. He just has some social issues......well, if you know anything about this at all you know what I am talking about. David is due to have a new baby sister this coming Tuesday, and he is very excited about her. All we can do is just love them that much more! He knows I love him, for he will look ME in the eyes, and most children with Asperger's will not make eye contact.

Your ex sure does not want to wish something like this on your son, just for her gain. And I am one that believes if you have enough money you can find a doctor that will say whatever you want them to say! You hang in there, and don't quit fighting for him. He needs you too! You are his dad. Sorry, didn't mean to get on my soapbox! Good luck! :)