Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

As Promised.. Yankee Stadium Trip with my wife.. Part 3

Jim Vokes NY

Part 3..

Now the Yankees won by a big score and the game was very exiting. The Stadium was more than we had expected and the people were wonderful.

Finally, my wife and I figured we better head out because we quite a trip to get back to the Hotel.

Well we found the subway right away and asked for the direct subway to Penn Station. Well you know by now it will not be this simple. The Pakistani ticket taker is shaking his head NO but I couldn't

I would've loved to experience Yankee Stadium myself Jim. I bet you could just feel the mystique around the place. I'm thinkin' that was still a worthwhile venture in spite of all the hassles. Glad you got to experience it. Great story Jim.........really enjoyed it !:clapping:

glad you and your wife ended up having a great time together! I don't mind taking off on my own some, but getting lost in a different place is kinda scarey sometimes. Thank God there are still some kind, compassionate people left in the world who are not afraid to befriend someone for nothing in return.

Your time in New York sounds like a trip worth your while, and aren't you so glad you went? I bet your wife is too! Hanging together, and finding the best people available was definitely to your benefit! It probably had a lot to do with your outgoing personality, and ability to communicate with people.

Thanks for this most refreshing story! :) Hope you got some good pics! :)

n/t

That was a great story Jim. It sounds like one of my old girl friends with the slip and no bra. LOl Ny city sounds like different world

Regards
Kenny

Would you and your wife like to me me and my wife in St Louis in September? We'll take the metro-link to the stadium--NO PROBLEM!!!

We could stop and get a tattoo on the way back!

Keep on truckin!

Lil Brother

Glad to see the city hasn't changed much! :lol: Good one, thanks for sharin!

a friend and I hitch hiked THROUGH NYC on the way to Boston in 59, at night! I thought it was strange that most of the cars were running with no lights on. It was so well lit that they didn't need them I guess. We had to thumb a ride across the George Washington bridge.

I had forgotten all about that