Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AS I WATCHED, A FLOCK OF CROWS FORCED A GOLDEN EAGLE TO THE GROUND!!

Cupajo

There are few things in this life one can witness as majestic as the flight of an eagle, or for that matter to see one perched on a limb! Over forty years ago I witnessed a flock of crows attacking a golden eagle near Roosevelt Lake in Arizona. The flock of 5 or 6 crows (or maybe ravens?) was attacking the eagle, because they are natural enemies, and it took the crows only moments to force the beautiful raptor to the ground, before my eyes.

I quickly parked my Jeep and jacked a round into the chamber of my rifle. If the crows persisted in their attack, I would take the side of the eagle and even the odds a bit. I guess they sensed the threat I was, because it was only seconds until they had disappeared. They is one smart bird, them crows!! The eagle was forced to land in a brushy area where it was only able to waddle along in a way that could only tarnish its image as a majestic creature.

As I watched, it waddled it

when I heard a Crow just a raising heck. I was looking for something in my shed and when I came out I looked around to see what was going on.

Directly over my head, up a couple hundred feet was an Eagle with a crow just a pestering the heck out of it. The eagle was rather helpless of course, the crow was flying circles around it but soon they were gone.

I saw on a couple days ago feeding on some road kill. Beautiful to see. Mike, OJ, WIlly and Wayne see them all the time but they are always a thrill for me

A month or so ago I was driving along doing about 35MPH and about 50 feet in front of my Chevy work van a bald eagle swooped down and grabbed a squirrel off the road. It never missed a beat, coming from ahead and to my right and going to my left so fast that I would have missed it if I had blinked.

First time I've ever seen one do that and I've lived here almost 40 years! I see them some times along the Connecticut river.

that was closely bordered by pines. It was like riding on a path really.

All of a sudden something flew over my head, not more than 10 ft I would imagine, close enough I ducked my dang head. It was an Eagle being chased by about a half dozen crows or ravens. They were moving fast and the eagle swooped from behind me, going the same direction I was and shot ahead about a 150 ft and then soared up to the left and over the pines with the crows in hot persuit! Startled me for sure. I don't remember hearing a thing until they were past me.

Reminds me ---

My Dad, his brother and I were at the Matagorda Peninsula for a night of flounder gigging. Before it got dark I liked to do a little beach combing and looking out at the shrimpers in the gulf. As I walked along, totally enjoying the peace of the moment, there was a sudden horrific blast of sound that nearly knocked me off my feet!

It was about half a minute before I realized I had been buzzed by a jet fighter from the air force base not far south of there. I bet that pilot laughed his backside off! It was an hour before I came down from the adrenalin rush!

Good thing I was only 16 and had a good healthy heart!!!

I have that problem up here too Cupa... they try all the time to get our bantys. But we have trained the Jacks to chase the ravens... so they are always on the lookout!!

fair winds

Mikie