Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ARRRGGGH! Another battery pack question.

n4ue

I tried a search both here and on the www.
I just purchased a very nice Red Baron VLF SPD. It came missing the battery door, but that will be easy to fabricate.
The BH came with one AA (4X2) battery holder. There are 2 of the 9V battery type connectors inside marked "A" and "B". The battery check switch is also marked "A" and "B".
I installed 2 battery packs (3X2) (new batteries) and the machine works, but when doing the battery test, one battery shows about 50% and the other is only about 20%

My 'research' shows differing battery counts. The only Red Baron manual I found, states one 12V battery. So, this is not my model.
It looks like the machine will take all 16 batteries, but it's going to be tight. Just don't want to let out the magic 'smoke'..... ha ha

Any advise?

thank you!

Ron

OK, I should explain why this battery holder issue aggravates me so much:

1. I have dozens of pieces of electronic test equipment that uses the "9V style" clip.
2. These pieces of TE (which cost a LOT), use voltages from 3, 4.5, 6, 9,and 12VDC.

Yes, I really like the commonality of this connector.

Be aware, (as has been addressed already) that when you get a battery pack with 'leads', and you mate it with a 9V style clip, you have to reverse the leads. Yep, red to black, black to red.

Trust me. Find a 'pack' with the clips built in. Saves a lot of BS.

ron
N4UE