Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

arrival of a saint

lien

got the long awaited 1350 today not a moment too soon put it to work straight away got one Australian 5 cent coin looks like it was hit by the lawn mower in my front yard got 2 rat shot bullets and two brass buckles off a bridal or saddle and a brass top off a bicycle bell, all this at home not much really but am very confused as signals everywhere the instructional video seems to play at a different speed as it is a US copy maybe that is the trouble does anybody know? anyway i still love it as i don't expect to know do straight away.anyway if anybody has any advice to get started with please let me know thanks LIEN

Always make sure the profiling is turned OFF while swinging that coil, or else it will constantly sound off on every metallic target in the ground. To turn it off or on? Just push the pinpoint button and release. look at the screen and it will say PROFILING when it is on and the word PROFILING will not be there when it it turned off. (look at the right part of the screen below search aids)

This should solve your problem...

thanks John am starting to work her out garret is sending me a new video that will help.Also i cant recommend highly enough the place i purchased the 1350 THE GOLD BUG OF UTAH in HURRICANE they were great even threw in some extras and were quick to respond to all correspondence thanks JESSE SAMUELS

What John said and bump your sensitivity down to about 6 or 6.5. The 1350 is a sensitive puppy. Make sure also that your cable is wrapped properly ( first wind over the top of the shaft ) and wound snugly thereafter. Everytime that cable moves close to the coil ever so slightly the coil picks it up as a target.

Bill

thanks uncle Willy any help is good help I'm really counting on you guys as i have no clue.actually i have found already it to be every thing you guys said it would be and I'm only just picking it up . have found an Australian penny i think it is 1918 bit hard to read .can anyone tell me how to clean it up as i don't have a tumbler you talk of, thanks Lien [ Rob ]

"got the long awaited 1350 today; not a moment too soon. Put it to work straight away and got one Australian 5 cent coin, which looks like it was hit by the lawn mower in my front yard. Got 2 rat shot bullets and two brass buckles off a bridle or saddle and a brass top off a bicycle bell, all this at home - not much really."

Please allow me to disagree! These things tell me your 1350 is working as advertised. That it will pick up an Aussie 5 center and that small, conductive targets are scoming through in your soil.
I'd say you learned a lot!

"...am very confused as signals everywhere."

That is typical in a yard. Lots of junk mixed in with a few keepers. The 1350 is sensitive and as Willy said, turn down the SENS and strap that cable down. You really have a helluva a machine as a beginner, so take your time and let IT teach you.

SEveral of the guys on here have a multitude of methods so I hope they post one. How bad is the coin? If it's just heavily tarnished a bottle of TARN-X will fix it. If it's really corroded you can soak it in olive oil, diesel fuel, kerosene.

Bill

thanx uncle Willy will try these methods & David id say you are probably spot on as i feel like i have learned a lot with so much to learn but that it part of the ride a bit like any marriage the only difference this one is certain to last. here is a pic of me bits and pieces

Looks good man. You have plenty of good things there - let each one tell you its story and what it said to your detector.

I gotta say, you seem to have some harsh soil!

VERY DRY SOIL HERE AND HARD AS A ROCK .CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THE PICS I POST SMALLER. REGARDS LIEN