Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arm strap rubbing arm raw....

stpauli914

I have been having a problem with the arm strap on my Excal II straight shaft rubbing my forearm raw after a couple hours. I absolutely love the shaft, it is the pluggers 1 piece staraight shaft, but there has got to be a better strap for the armrest or some kind of easy fix to keep from the rug burn I'm getting on my arm....

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Thats what I am looking for an idea on. I can't slip something around it though since the velcro has to be exposed on the top part for the strap to secure itself....

Aaron

A neoprene cover similar to those on the Sovereign GT would probably work to stop your arm from moving on the strap. They're really easy to make as they are just 3 small pieces of Neoprene sewn together and then turned inside out. You need to leave small gaps in the stitching on the ends for the straps to go through.

Great ideas. I am working on a sewing a pad right now....
Wondering if anyone else has this problem or if its just me??
Aaron

I had the same problem with my 70. I found some natural wool pieces at a medical supply store and used two sided sticky tape to attach inside my arm rest.

Johnnymac

Hi ,

I found the same thing
I now use a slip on forearm guard that I made from a large drink can cooler (the kind of beer can cooler made from wetsuit material)
I cut the end out of it and some holes to breathe and pull it on before I go out
If your drink coolers are too small you could try any kind of old wetsuit with arms intact can be cannibalised

T59

Resent trip to the beach for 8 days of hard core hunting I got some serious chaffing between the legs because of the saltwater, sand and my swimming trunks, used a little vasiline..instant fix, no problems after that.

Never had this problem I hunt upward of 40 hrs a week? I hope I don't either. Let us know how your fix goes. I do get the chafing from wet trunks though!

Some chafing comes from sea lice.Little sea critters that wash into your suit (jelly fish larvae) and cause a fierce itching around the groiness area...

I took a drink cooler like Terra mentioned and cut it up and sewed it on the inside of the strap. I was out this morning for 2 1/2hrs and it was much better. I think the bruise that was already there was the only reason for a little discomfort. By next weekend I am sure it will be healed and should be good to go! Thanks everyone for all the great ideas!!

Heres my nut from this am, unfortunately the ring is junk :( I found the 1$ bill seconds after stepping onto the beach!!

005-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

HH, Aaron