Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Arkansas Autumn 2007 Lil Bro's Harvest, Part 2

Arkie John

[size=large]I left Tom, retracing my steps back down the trail. I peered to the east and knew it was later than I wanted it to be. I try to be in my stand about 30 minutes before the hint of daylight. I knew I wouldn

ain't got that sucker gutted and drug out yet but we are a waiting :D

How big do they have to be down there Arkie? We can shoot spike horns up here. I have not hunted in years but they used to have to be three or four inches long.

I see your sis is in deer camp doing her wifely duties, cooking, and a fetching and such. As it should be, I am sure you will agree :D

Have fun John. I am enjoying the story of the hunt:thumbup:

and sometimes it's not easy to do.

Linda is doin' just what Scott needs her to do. She's really gettin' domesticated about the house these days, so I hear.

I'll write more this week-end, hopefully.

aj

n/t

Looking good Arkie.... One day you gotta get up here.... I will show you some real huntinhg... You may even have to get out of the hot tub!! :)

fair winds

mikie

I will be waiting for the rest of this story.....and then the follow-up story of the grand daddy of em all that you took!:biggrin:

exciting, regardless of the type or place. The dicipline and patience required always impresses me!
WTG Tom!:clapping: AJ, under the circumstances i guess i would have filled one of his pockets with "raisins" before i woke him:biggrin:
Waiting for more!
Wayne

Can you folks take more than one deer during the season in Arkansas? Do you ever take a camera with you so that you can get some good wildlife pictures? I think it is neat that you and Tom hunt together so well. I will be looking forward to the next part now that you will probably double your efforts to "out do" Tom and get a bigger deer. :rofl: I am enjoying this story, thanks! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

what are brothers for?

Basically we can take three deer and depending upon where one hunts and if one draws a special, a fourth is possible. I never tag out and now you can see why.

We do hunt THE BEST together. We know each other 100% and the competition, whether it's fishin' or huntin', it doesn't matter. It would not be the same without Tom. Really, when I see Tom coming through the woods, he favors Daddy so very much, it just makes my day.

aj

Most on this forum know that I bow hunt exclusively. I'm not a puritan and have nothing against those the use a thunderstick to hunt. It is just my preference. It gives me a charge every time I go into the woods with my bow.

Daddy bought me a Ben Pearson 'Cougar' recurve when I was 13. With that little present, he created something that will last me a lifetime.

Thank you for reading and posting.

aj

Illinois and north of there. I will be content to harvest a nice 8-point...er...for my northern buddies that can't count so good...a 4-point.

More later.

aj

...but who's countin'? A trip to our part of the woods is high on my list of things to do. I'd like to take that big boy (of who's shed I have in my den) back to Arkansas...or maybe just enjoy the hot tub and a glass of iced tea with friends...a treasure either way!

aj

the heck was your camera!??? You have to admit,.......it was time for Tom to get one! Looks like it will be a great season for the both of you! ILY, :)

....and I don't like relearning stuff sometimes.

We didn't take a picture of his deer anyways. Maybe next time.

Who knows, when I retire, maybe I'll even learn PhotoShop. :biggrin:

Johnboy