Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are you happy with your E-Tracs??

I've been toying with the idea of purchasing an E-Trac based on some of the reviews that I have read on it. I basically hunt very trashy sites and I have heard that it performs rather well in those situations. Before I take the plunge I was curious what some E-Trac owners felt about their machines. Thanks for your time. CoinShooter-Craig

I have had several metal detectors over the years (almost 25). Of all the detectors I have owned, the E-Trac is by far the best one.

I would recommend it highly. You will not be disappointed.

It is indeed a killer machine in trash. For your worst trashy areas you will want to get a small coil. (as you would for any other detector) I bought the 5" Excelerator EQ2 Pro and it is great. I've been hunting a site that I have taken every detector, with every coil I have owned, and it's like it's never been hunted before! There is an initial frustration curve to get over but if you hang in there it doesn't take long and you will be "all thumbs" too! Mike

Trash, no problem, Iron, no problem. Been in the hobby since 1968. I am finding more targets deeper in iron infested areas than ever before. I gave my youngest son my EX II after using this machine. I am still using the original coil. HH...Jesse.

I have used all the Explorers which each one better than the previous one, but the first time out with the E-Trac I could see this detector could see coins in with trash I had been walking over before. It also ran so smooth I thought it may not been working at first, but when it started picking up some wheat pennies in with the trash i know this detector was going to be a winner.
Being learning this detector I ran the factory preset coin mode and auto sensitivity with a +3 on the sensitivity. I also ran difficult ground and high trash and dug many iffy signals only to find rusty nails that were very deep (over 10 inches deep) so if it would have been a coin I am sure it would have give better than a iffy signal.
The secret to this or any detector is to get to know it and not try to run it like you run your Explorer as it is different.

Deep, yup. 6-8inches more than my Prizm III. I thought my Prizm was decent. I took my ET to a place that I have allready hit hard and I am sure I am the only one who goes there, and I am finding coins that didn't even give a weak signal.

Thanks for all the replys to my post. I've heard a few mixed reviews on the machine. Most are very positive like what I've read in reply to my post. A few others say they prefer their explorers. I would say that 90% of the sites I search are loaded with trash , so I want a machine that can see through the trash and find me the "Goodies" that I'm after. Plus I need a machine that can hit the deep old coins I feel that I've been missing with my other detectors. Thanks again for all of your help! Happy Hunting , CoinShooter-Craig

It's funny with most of the high end machines you get people who say it's the best machine on the market and others who say it's not worth the price. I'm going to trade in my practically brand new Garrett GTI2500 towards my purchase of the E-trac. I really did like the 2500 in my limited use with it , but alot of people said it wasn't good in iron infested sites and it only hit deep in the all metal mode. Plus they said that the target imaging was only accurate up to about 6 inches. Most of the areas I hunt are iron infested and I heard that the e-trac does well in iron infested and high trash areas. Plus I heard it went deep which is what I want to help me find those deep old coins. I know not all old coins are deep because I've dug some oldies at 3 to 4 inches , but then again I've dug some fairly modern coins at 6 inches plus. If those modern coins got that deep in just a couple of years I can just imagine how deep some of the older coins can be. I hope I'll be making a wise decision trading in my new GTI2500 for the E-trac , but I'm thinking that the people who are putting down the e-trac never took the time to properly learn the nuances of it and don't know how to properly use it. My buddy has an explorer xs and loves it and I'm hoping the e-trac is an even better machine than the explorer xs. I've read where long time explorer users preferr the explorer , but like I said before I don't think they gave themselves enough time to learn the new machine properly. I appreciate all of your input that you've given me on the e-trac and I'm going to be doing the trade in a couple of weeks when I can come up with the remaining amount of money I need to complete the deal. Thanks again and happy hunting for those of you lucky enough to be able to yet. For those of you like me who live where it's too cold to detect good luck on you research for next spring! CoinShooter-Craig

Yes Iam very happy now.

Why now, well I thought because I was a Explorer user from day one that I would lay the SE pro down and carry on with the E-trac.

Big mistake,but 30 hours on and I have mine singing now not only with coins but also with artefacts.

This bronze complete ewer leg is about 6/700 years old.:cheers:Jerry.

I really hated my Garrett GTI2500, my advice is to get rid of it. I have a X-Terra 70, Musketeer Advantage, and GP3000 now and now I am thinking about buying an E-Trac also like you.

I want one and yes the E-Trac IS the best coin machine on the market BUT as with ALL FBS and BBS machines you must know they are slow working machines to achieve the maximum depth and readings. They are not rapid speed hunters with no loss of depth like the Musketeer Advantage.

In heavy trash, in house yards, parks, schools, boulevards, churches, etc. the E-Trac is ACE, THE best machine on the market and cannot be beat BUT in very large relic fields, huge farmers fields, very big homestead yards, etc. (with low amounts of non-ferrous trash) with massive amounts of ground needed to be to covered in a day for speed hunting I would NOT use an E-Trac, as a top single frequency VLF(X-70, Musky, Vaquero, Tejon, F75, XLT, or MXT) is about 3 or more times faster--more ground coverage in a day.

Also in black dirt plowed farmers fields for the FBS and BBS machines, the depth advantage over a the very top single frequency VLF's(like the Musky or Tejon) is not there(don't shine on air tests). They shine as having the very best depth and the best ID discrimination in some mineralization, wet saltwater beach, and tough ground as THE best and I want an E-Trac for the spring!