Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are these verses true?

C

calabash digger

If these veres are true why are so many women preachers and teachers over men? 1Ti 2:8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;
1Ti 2:9 likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire,
1Ti 2:10 but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness.
1Ti 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve;
1Ti 2:14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

1Co 14:33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,
1Co 14:34 the women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.
1Co 14:35 If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.
1Co 14:36 Or was it from you that the word of God came? Or are you the only ones it has reached?
1Co 14:37 If anyone thinks that he is a prophet, or spiritual, he should acknowledge that the things I am writing to you are a command of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 If anyone does not recognize this, he is not recognized.
Paul penned this in to different books he penned and why are so many churchs ignoring it today? when did women start preaching in the organized churchs? SEEMS LIKE PAUL SAID THIS WAS A COMMAND OF THE LORD? Yep and I bet your favorite woman preacher or teacher will have some clever word to explain these verses away please read them again and dont get mad at me I didnt write them. If they dont mean what they say what do they mean? The context of both places were these verses occur is instruction on how to runs Gods house in his ways.

There were many helpers in the Old Testament that were women and also we are all one in Christ Jesus and whoever He calls forth to do His service in whatever capacity is what each should do whether male or female and I was saved under a woman teacher, who took over the church after her husband, the pastor of a small country church, died! She was really anointed by the Holy Spirit and if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be saved and serving my Lord Jesus as I am now! She didn't call herself a preacher but a teacher and she was led of the Lord to do what she did, although many were against her, but when called of God we are to do as He says and not what others say!

Women teachers help start churches and help lead them for saving the little ones by helping them to draw nearer to Jesus! Joyce Meyers is a teacher for those who have many problems in their lives and it is not up to us to mock or deny her in what she is doing! Most men won't even do what the women have done in most of the churches! So allow God to call whomever He wants and let Him reprimand or bless those who do answer His call! Many of you do not know what many of us women and even men have gone through, for God to draw us to the one or ones who will help us in these trials and heartaches no matter whether they be male or female because at the time they are who we truly need! Amen! :angel: Ma

Are these Scriptures True? Galations 3:22 thru 29? Are we still under the law or do we walk by faith in Christ Jesus? GA 3:28-- There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. KJV (26) For ye all are the Children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.....With the anointing power of God's Holy Spirit we, who are saved, are called into service for the fulfilling of saving souls for His Kingdom and for fulfilling His plans until Jesus comes again and catches away His own....whether we be different sex, race, creed or color, we are ONE IN CHRIST JESUS! LU 19:13....As servants, we are to occupy in His place until He comes again!

Luke 18:1 As God's servants, we are to always pray and not faint....and I will add, We are to pray in Jesus' name, for His name is above all other names in heaven, on earth and below! I obey God and not man. for I and everyone will answer to Him and not anyone else, for what we do and say! Amen! :angel: Ma

So GOD calls his servants to directly violate his word. I know we are all one in Christ but there is a order Christ the man and then the woman. The text is very clear and it was given to the church and how the church was to be run. Do you know better how to run a church better than Christ ,Paul said it was a command of the LORD for all the churchs.People always claim they believe the bible to be Gods word until yu come to text like these. They are clear and the church followed this order for 1800 yrs until the last 100 yrs or so and they started ordaining women.Eph 5:20 giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 5:21 submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Eph 5:22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
Eph 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her,
(You said are we under law and I answer no but the true grace teacher Paul himself penned these letters that contain these text. Why were none the apostles women? The answer is this it would contradict Gods word. Women can have no authoriy over man in Christ true church. Paul warned of a great apostasy com in the last days in 2THESS2 we are in it. Most argue from a point of view given to then by the world or false brethern but no matter the word of God will stand forever. You are correct senior seeker about pleasing everyone if they started preaching these text they would lose half the people. irnwrkr nice text it says the man of God masculine and not the people of God.(Ti 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
2Ti 3:17 that the MAN of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

I see people agreeing with you Ma but there are no texts to support what your saying.You are reasoning from a worldly point of view and not a biblical view. There are no texts none to support what your saying I believe the bible and not some new age teaching. You can reason and believe me I know the arguments they use to justify women teachers having authority over men and it still doesnt change the plain meaning of the text quoted above. What do the text above mean? Anybody reading this take a shot at explaining what they mean and give me a text to back it up.The SAME man that wrote we are one in Christ also wrote that women are not to teach man or have authority over man and women are not to speak in the assembly I guess someone should have told him we are all one in Christ and that means women can have authority over men and they can teach them and they can speak in the assembly.

We are all one in Christ Jesus and NO, I am not teaching or believing in the new age movement teachings! In God's Holy Spirit, we are all free in Him and not under the law of having to be a man to be led of the Lord....for He said, He would also give His handmaidens visions and dreams and He has me! I never have said I agree with women preachers or teachers, what I've said is to allow God to condemn them and not us, for we know not what He has planned for them to help save others and/or to give them messages of comfort! To say, they are wrong because of mankind's interpretation of the Biblical Scriptures is up to Him and not us! If they are preaching and teaching that we can sin against God and our blessed Savior, Jesus, and still be saved and have eternal life than NO that is wrong...but other meanings of the Bible is led of the Holy Spirit for godly wisdom in how to have faith, for enduring and overcoming all things! God calls and not anyone else! Amen! :angel: Ma

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1Ti 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Gen 3:16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1Co 14:36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.
THE BIBLE IS VERY CLEAR ON THIS ISSUE you are using your experiences to determine right or wrong and not the plain teaching of the text and its plain if we cant interpret these simple text how can we have confidence that we got any text correct. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE? I know some these days are claiming they dont need the bible because they have revelation from the spirit are you in this group?

From what I can see you believe all women preachers to be false prophets or teachers!! Right or wrong you have that American right to believe that!! I just finished Bible School and one thing that was driven into us is that the Bible as we read it is an interpretation ....it was written in the Hebrew and Greek....and all of it is a translation! To really understand the Bible one needs to get a Bible that goes back to each Hebrew or Greek word and breaks down what it really means! Those scriptures that you referred to about the woman being under the head of the man....was a reference to the married woman to her husband! The woman preacher speaking to an audience is not under that yoke! Those scriptures are only meant for a married woman to her husband! So what if a woman never married ...she is not under that yoke....or if the woman is widowed...she is not under that yoke either! A woman speaking outside of her home to a general audience is not under that yoke either!! You can believe me or not....one can test the spirits and the un-godly spirits will have to get behind you in the name of Jesus!

I know koine greek so I dont have a problem looking at the verses in the New Testament in the original language.Paul penned that a women was not to teach a man or have authority over a man in THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH . So what your saying is that my wife cant have authority over me ok BUT your wife or somebody elses wife can have authority over me and your wife can teach me or someone else wife can just as long as its not my wife? correct? A couple of questions when did it become ok for women to preach in the church ? 1900 years of church history lays at your finger tips go look. SO for 1900 yrs no one knew that a woman should be over a man and preach and teach him. Where does this verse say its talking about married women ? 1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
ALL these verses have to do with the overseers running the churchs and the text say no woman is to teach a man or have authority over him. You say all verses are open for interpretation and they are and some are so simple a child could read them and tell you what they mean. God did not give us a riddle book that only a few could understand , God is not a God of confusion! CREEDS,TRADITION,DOCTRINES OF MEN these are over riding the text today. If you want to listen to a woman teacher go ahead but know this it was not that way from the beginning , study the history of the christian church its not permitted for 1900 years this came out the modern femnist movement or equal rights movement the church didnt hold her ground on this issue I will take Pauls word on this topic and 1900 years of church history and most of all Ill take the text inspired by GOD for how his church is to operate.In the first century christian church women did not teach men or preach to them unless of course you count this example.

Rev 2:18 "And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write: 'The words of the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like burnished bronze.
Rev 2:19 "'I know your works, your love and faith and service and patient endurance, and that your latter works exceed the first.
Rev 2:20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.
Rev 2:21 I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.

Rev 2:22 Behold, I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her I will throw into great tribulation, unless they repent of her works,
Rev 2:23 and I will strike her children dead. And all the churches will know that I am he who searches mind and heart, and I will give to each of you according to your works.
Rev 2:24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden.
Rev 2:25 Only hold fast what you have until I come.
Rev 2:26 The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations,
SHOW ME another example of a women teaching in the organized or assembled congregation in the new testament chapter and verse please. ACCORDING TO ALL THE TEXT ABOVE IS A MAN ABOVE A WOMEN IN GODS WAY?

The same order that exists in marriage exists in Gods church CHRIST THE MAN AND THE WOMAN thats not my way but Gods way. DID you know that people can receive another Jesus and a different spirit than the one Paul preached? 2Co 11:3 But I am afraid that as the serpent deceived Eve by his cunning, your thoughts will be led astray from a sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
2Co 11:4 For if someone comes and proclaims another Jesus than the one we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or if you accept a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it readily enough.

People often get upset when you teach them what is in the bible rather than what they presume is in the bible. I borrowed that quote but I think it fits for this topic on women teachers and preachers. EVERY office in the church is to be filled by men. Go read the pastoral letters 1TIM,2TIM, AND TITUS not one time is the office for a woman.
1Ti 3:1 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task.
1Ti 3:2 Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
1Ti 3:3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money.
1Ti 3:4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,
1Ti 3:5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church?
1Ti 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.
1Ti 3:8 Deacons likewise must be dignified, not double-tongued, not addicted to much wine, not greedy for dishonest gain.
1Ti 3:9 They must hold the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.
1Ti 3:10 And let them also be tested first; then let them serve as deacons if they prove themselves blameless.
1Ti 3:11 Their wives likewise must be dignified, not slanderers, but sober-minded, faithful in all things.
1Ti 3:12 Let deacons each be the husband of one wife, managing their children and their own households well.
1Ti 3:13 For those who serve well as deacons gain a good standing for themselves and also great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
1Ti 3:14 I hope to come to you soon, but I am writing these things to you so that,
1Ti 3:15 if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth.

Notice they are all masculine! not one office named for a woman why do churchs make women deacons today? NOTICE THE LAST VERSE THE 15TH ONE.

.... I have read the the Word of God and know what I believe and will not waver! You have evidently done the same thing but have come out believing beliefs totally different from mine! We can just agree to disagree!! God Bless!!

IS what I said about women not being given a position of authority over men in the pastoral letters (1TIM ,2 TIM, TITUS) which were written for the instruction on how to run Gods house in his way true or not? Simple yes or no question.
1Ti 3:15 if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and buttress of the truth.