Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

are these disc settings the best for relic hunting with the tejon

midnight rider

i hunt old house sites with lots of big iron like stove parts pot parts farm iron so i am not looking for iron my settings are disc one set on the l of foil and the alt disc set between foil and 5cents and i have to keep check the alt disc because a lot of iron sounds good in disc one any advice would be helpful thanks hal

Thats about where mine are at, actually my alt disc is just below nickel. If it still rings good on Alt disc and it is a smaller target, I dig. Found my first GOLD ring tonight with the Tejon....this machine is incredibly deep too. Best of luck to you and Happy Hunting!

LittleJohn

just trying to learn more about different detectors but wouldn't the iron sound the same in both disc. settings.

Even with disc'd out iron where it ignores small iron, you can get very good responses on big iron. The sound is different; sharp edges on the beep due to the discriminator trying to work, and a booming or echoing ... I kind of think of it as circuits overshooting or saturating.

With practice you learn to recognize the sounds.
tvr

I have been using a Tejon for four years and use it only for relic hunting. I keep my lower discriminator just above iron and my upper, forgot the setting, but at about eleven o'clock. I still get iron even on the second discriminator. If the iron discriminates out when you push your trigger forward don't dig. If it is still there when you push the trigger forward then dig it. I found a small pistol and four civil war gun tools with those settings, while my friends who use White's don't find any iron. I don't care what anyone says, you are going to pick up iron. The trick is learning when to dig. As was said previously, you will learn the echo kind of sound with iron. Also, if you suspect iron you can make one sweep over the target and then stop with the detector in the air, if there is kind of an echo then it is big or it is iron.