Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are my headphones shot?

xplorerxs

It's been a while since I went out with the Explorer XS and I sat down this afternoon to read the owners manual again and then hit the coin garden. Well....the phones look pretty rough. The wrap on the outside of the foam is falling off and they are making alot of cracking noise when I use them. Like I said it's been some time since I was last out with the detector, probably close to a year.

Does this sound like I need new phones or heaven forbid...the XS is dying on me?

I was going to order the UR30 phones from Kellyco. I've bought a good bit from them over the years and have always been satisfied.

Happy Hunting and Merry Christmas!

[size=large]i darn sure wouldn't settle for the ur-30. that's the cheap ones every ml dealer has for the explorers as standard part of the pkg. jmho but the cord is too short. it's your choice but there's so many better ones out there.

HH[ /size]

I also had the UR 30s, the cord is far too short and only lasted about a month of use as the cable broke, a friend of mine who is a TV engineer replaced it with a straight cord about 12ft long for a reasonable cost which is great as I can now detect a stream near me as it cuts through the sand I can leave the machine on the sand and keep the phones on. The new jack seems to fit better as before it was always loosing the signal.

If so, folks didn't like them much. They seemed to not hold up. I have always used aftermarket phones. I would suggest the Sun Ray headphones. Forget what they are actually called, but they have, I am pretty sure, a lifetime guarantee. My cord shorted out after a few years detecting and they fixed them up like new (for free!). They are most likely more expensive than what you are looking at but are worth the price. They're comfortable too.
HH - BF

Thanks everyone!

i've had a few head phones in 40 years of hunting with straight cords and always had trouble with them. they seemed to break easier and get tangled up more than the coiled cords.

Steve, A lot of people may disagree with me about this but you may want to consider going wireless, I did and I like it alot.
Don