Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are F75/70 & Teknetics coils interchangable ??

sookie

Has anyone had any personal experience w/ actually trying to see if the coils will interchange? Seems they are basically the same units. When compared on a chart, there are "some" differences. Different color paint & stickers, face plate design & layout . At work (welding shop), the boss man will take a mass produced product, and tries to make a better mouse-trap. In his research, he found that, as long as there are 7 changes to his new design, there is no worry of copy-rite laws. With-in a large company (with several divisions ), I wouldn't think that there would be much worries of infringement, as giving the public enough differences ( "retail business - 2 step") between the products produced. Think of GM

The "designed in El Paso" products use the following searchcoil series:

1. "Legacy BH" series. Nearly all Bounty Hunter and related (Discovery, etc.) products; also Fisher F2 and F4.

2. Fisher F75 & F70 series.

3. Teknetics T2 series.

4. "Frat Bros." series. BH Platinum and Gold; Fisher F5, Fisher Gold Bug & Tek G2; Teknetics Alpha, Delta, Gamma, Omega.

NOTES:

1. The GB & G2 use only DD searchcoils from the series, not concentrics.

2. The "Legacy BH" and "Frat Bros" series are available in more than one connector type. Make sure you've got the right connector that fits your metal detector.

3. In some cases a machine may work to some extent with a searchcoil it wasn't designed to be compatible with.

4. The Tek T2 coils are absolutely incompatible with anything else and vice versa.

--Dave J.

The Teknetics T2 11inch DD will not work on the Fisher F70. :cry:
The wiring is different inside the coil.
:(

Bart, I accidentally switched my coil from the G2 onto my F75 LTD and hunted with it for a week before I realized it. In that time I didn't notice anything different about the machine. Still hunted stuff, still found stuff. I have them back where they belong now. I guess one disadvantage to having extra lower rods and being able to change on the fly.

Don
HH