Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aquanaut 1280 - aka "The Tank" and Great Stablemate to my CZ-5.

Bob Stephens

[attachment 31541 Jerusulem.JPG][attachment 31542 TumRing.JPG][attachment 31541 Jerusulem.JPG]:lol:Hi Gang! The past few days, I've been taking my Aquanaut 1280 out and doing a "beep and dig it all" approach to hunting in local parks. The weather's been a little unstable too which motivates taking the 1280 as it's a great all weather machine that's not affected by water or muddy turf.

Running the DISC down at 2.5 and the SENS at 6 and digging everything that sounds off, I dug a total of 128 coins over three days and every day, a nice piece of jewellery. All these finds came out of very trashy areas where pulltabs, bottlecaps and shards of pop cans seem to multiply like popcorn.

The 1280 is a great beep and dig machine that does'nt require a lot of setup or adjustment and is a rugged piece of equipment. Success in this great hobby of ours comes as much from a willingness to dig frequently knowing you'll uncover plenty of junk and the patience to persevere, go slowly, and keep working an area thoroughly.

Having good equipment is the other part of the equation and we've always found our Fishers to be reliable and well built instruments.

The pictures below show some of my recent jewellery finds from our "beep and dig" hunts:

Best Regards and Happy Hunting to all.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton, Ont.

1280 has been a top of the line freshwater machine for years and although a little bulky for land hunting did a great job for you...I guess you proved being meter dependent can cause one to miss a lot of goodies...

:)Hi Dan! The total "beep and dig" approach is one that I'm going to incorporate into hunts with my CZ-5 as well. With the CZ, I tend to "skim the coins" out of an area and tend to ignore the medium tones that are always prevalent. True, I'll dig a lot more junk but will probably find jewellery which I always seem to find when I use the "beep and dig it all" 1280 approach.

The main factor in this great hobby is to have fun, adventure and load the pouch with finds both good and bad. My wife Louise (CZ-5 and CZ-20) always digs everything and in the area of curios and jewellery, she beats me everytime.

Hope you're having a good year and finding plenty of good stuff!

Best Regards and Happy Hunting.

Find some goodies many go over such as gold coins, gold rings, tokens and off beat coins such as 3 cent pieces, half dimes, flying eagle cents and such...Many areas just to much junk to dig all, but those real old places with hits far and few between a good plan of attack...

:)In spite of all the on-going development that is turning rural areas into suburbs, there are still plenty of interesting sites that await careful, thoughtful investigation. Research is always stimulating and half the fun of planning a hunt plus it makes us all more aware of our heritage which is a big part of our hobby.

Whenever we find an historical item, we're connecting with the past in an adventurous, intimate way as that item was once part of someone's personal life story and the times that person was part of.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting to all.