Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone with a bh tracker iv

hi lilmax, it's very difficult to disc out pulltabs - aluminum is such an attractive metal to a detector, if you start to disc out pulltabs then you start losing signals on a BUNCH of stuff. if i had a cent for every pulltab or shotgun shell i've ever dug, i woulda retired before i was born!
simply put, the technology does not exist to disc out pulltabs and find good targets too. that ain't gonna happen anytime soon, either. hh,

when i used the tracker IV i would find a clean spot on the ground,and throw a nickle down and adjust disc until,I couldnt get a signal on the nickle,and the adjust it back to where it just picks up the nickle.This helps to take some, but of course not all pulltabs,
out of the picture.Hope this helps......Happy Hunting Stan

Just use the Tone mode, set your disc to where you get that broken high/low tone on the pulltabs that are the most trouble and you are good to go. May be a few of the newer ones that get through but for most of them you'll be able to skip em by ear.

The audio tones on the Tracker IV are very good. Just need some decent headphones.

HH

Mike

I'm new to this to, and I also have a bh tracker IV. No matter how hard I try I cant really disc out pull tabs. The method I use to attempt to do this is as follows; I find a pull tab, put it on the ground and play with the disc/notch tab until it gives off the broken signal. I notice when I do this though I start losing a lot of hits, but I do still get hits... in fact I'll get some strong sounding ones that i JUST HAVE to dig them up, only to find more... can tabs! I dont really understand that, but as I'm learning it's pretty hard to disc out can tab.s... Good luck s

If you disc out pull tabs, or 5c AUD you will miss out on a good portion of your Gold jewelery and some Platinum items will also be lost. That's been my experience during field tests with the T4 at any rate, my advice run in tone disc, sens at 3 o'clock, and disc dial at lowest possible setting. HH regards Nugget.:ausflag:

Try this for the most accurate setting. Use a NICKEL and turn the disc all the way to nearly off and wave the nickel in front of the coil (make sure you have no jewelry on) and rotate the disc control. It will at first give a high tone, then a mixed tone, and JUST as it goes to low tone-STOP. You will be at the best tab setting for mixed tones. Just remember this: some of the newer tabs register nickel on ALL ID machines, as well as some broken or odd shaped ones. By the way-just for funsies- you can set it to where the "normal"? pulltab gives an equal mixture of high/low tone, the tough kind of tabs with a tad more high than low tone, and the "weak" tabs a tad more low than high tone. This tonal system rivals the best in the world-period. I make that statement because of the hidden factors that prevent accurate ID. Where else can you get an ID that will find a dime under 5-6 tabs with a high tone, yet when you remove the dime the tabs give a high tone. And cover the dime with nickels and you still get a high tone, but when the nickels are removed-low tone.:thumbup:

Oops! should have read closer. You get a MIXED tone when you remove the dime from under the tabs. Sorry for the typo.