Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone want to see a nice lady's leg?

Dan-MO

Of course I am talking about a knife!
A few days ago on one of our rare cool days this summer,I went up into our unfinished attic to complete some electrical wiring for a light I had installed on our patio.As I started back out I noticed the glint of metal next to one of the ceiling joists.Checking it out I found a weird looking little folding knife.Not thinking much about it,I brought it in the house and threw it in my desk drawer and forgot about it.

Yesterday I was looking for a paper clip and ran accross it again.Checking it closer I found that it was marked "Case".Further on-line research revealed that in was made in about 1910-and was a fairly rare pattern!

My house was built in about 1930.My guess is at sometime in the past a previous owner lost it while crawling around in the attic.It is much to hot now,but this winter I will be checking every inch of the attic out!

we called the bottle openers "churchkeys" when we were young :blush:
Nice to see you posting again Dan :)
Wayne

Case has quite a history in knife-making. They made the V-42 stilleto used by US and Canadian commandos in a joint force during WWII.

Clear water. calm seas

M

I wonder what you will find up there this winter. I love finding old things, and I have a box full of odds and ends in a closet...I think I have a couple of knives in that box. Dan, thanks for sharing the story, very enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t