Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone want to go detecting in March at Vero Beach?

TNBob

Guys: We are going to Vero Beach the end of March and I am looking for someone that knows the area to go detecting. Taking my Minelab Excal 2 and Tesoro to hit the beaches in the area. TNBob

Does anyplace rent metal detectors or do you have to buy? I'm only planning on poking around for fun on a vacation.
Thanks,
Jeri

Jeri: I have an extra metal detector you could use. When will you be down in Vero Beach?
Bob

Red tide the first three days, great if you like gagging. You cannot detect in the water because of leases. At the moment, there is over two feet of sand above your targets so you would be lucky to find change, as in dropped yesterday change. The beaches were rebuilding, not eroding. If you go in March, make sure it's after a good storm or it will suck. I hit Fort Pierce, Wabasso, Sebastian, Vero Beach, Golden Sands etc. All were the same, no cuts worth nothing, and not enough beach goers to get lucky on a newly dropped find. Miami or Daytona might be better, they were just too far of a haul. Better yet, stay near Melbourne and then if the beach sucks, at least you are in an older, historic area and may find a good place inland to hunt. Something that didn't exist in Vero Beach. Hind sight 20/20.:drinking: