Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using a Super 12 with the V3?

James31

I received my V3 a few days ago and I've been running the 10" coil that it came with. Today I tried my Super 12 that I had for the DFX. The 12 is a new one with a 'V' in the serial number - it is a warranty replacement coil that I received in March. When I turned on Tx boost, it overloaded immediately and I had to turn Rx gain down to 6 just to ground balance. I ended up using 5 or 6 and it was still a bit noisy so I put the 10" DD coil back on. I was using a Rx gain of 11 in the same area with the 10"DD. The soil in the area has moderate mineralization although I had overload with the Super 12 as soon as Tx boost was switched on.

Has anyone else been using the Super 12 coil with the V3? My Super 12 is great on the DFX. Is the Rx gain limited that much with the Super 12/V3 combination? I plan on using it in another park on the weekend. The soil will be less mineralized but there is no 'low mineralization' in my area.

The park has some nice old silver but it will be deep because the park has been heavily pounded for years. I want max depth for this hunt.

normally if your after monster depth the 10'' DD would be better than the Super 12. the super 12 works better for more ground coverage like your beach and sports field hunting, and for that type of hunting the Boost would not be needed .