Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone useing a Sunray YF-1 on there ace 250

deadheadwillie

I just ordered a new sunray Yf-1,for my ace 250 today.I am still pretty new to my 250 " but loving it so far".I splurged when I bougtht it , I got all 3 coils with it.The stock,the snipper,and the 9+12.My favorite one so far is the small snipper coil.Im still having a little trouble pinpointing with the stock coil .I have not even hardly used the big coil yet." to much trash around here." Anyway what I really wanted to know is your oppinion on the sunray,if any of you use it.What should I expect with the YF-1 , And how much is it going to help me and my ace. Does it detect Just from the tip , or is the whole wand hott.

I too have a Ace 250 with all the coils and the Sunray probe. The probe will take some getting use too. I have had Sunrays on my Whites, Minelab,Fisher and Garrett, if Ralph makes a probe for it,its on my detectors. Once you use it you will love it. I have found with the probes when you find your target, pinpointing it before you dig you can use the probe to pinpoint the exact spot, on deeper ones you can push the pinpoint and go over the area with the probe and find that spot. When you have dug your hole and still having problems finding you target, move the probe away from the hole,hold the pinpoint down and bring the probe slowly to the hole and this will help find you target. Rememnber this is a one inch coil, so anything your detector will do it will do with the probe. I feel the YF-1 is more sensitve then anyonther of my Sunray probes. The most important thing to remember is look at the switch and make sure its in the right spot for what your doing. I have tryed to pinpont a target with it still on coil, I have also walked around thinking " not much here" then only to see its on the probe. You will do this at some point and you will look around to see if anyone is waching you switch it to what you are doing. The only problems is no one knows you moved the switch, you still will look around to see if anyone saw you do it.
Thank You
Tom Spencer

The probe works great. It is actually a mini-detector and works like your big one. It will get you three inches or better and yes the whole wand is hot. Since it is a mini motion detector - if you whip it rapidly over a suspected target it will get another two inches or so in depth.

Bill

[quote Uncle Willy]The probe works great. It is actually a mini-detector and works like your big one. It will get you three inches or better and yes the whole wand is hot. Since it is a mini motion detector - if you whip it rapidly over a suspected target it will get another two inches or so in depth.

Bill[/quote]

Actually, it's neither a "mini-detector", or a "mini motion detector", but a separate one inch search coil that uses the switch on the probe's switch box to change between the probe (a one inch coil), and the Ace250 coil. It uses the settings of the Ace250, and the electronics of the Ace250, to make the probe work.

I know you know that, but I didn't want anyone to make the mistake of thinking the YF-1 Probe "box" has a separate detector in it. It's strictly a way to switch between the two coils. The one provided in the form of a one inch probe, and the Ace250's coil.

Hope this helps,
OldeTymer

There you go getting technical again. :) All you say confirms what I originally stated. Since it acts like an accessory coil and you can actually detect shallow coins with it then it makes your detector in effect a mini-detector and since it will gain depth the faster you whip it over a target ( Sunray can verify this ) like most motion detectors, including the 250, then that makes it a mini motion detector. Anyway it's a more colorful description. :)

Bill