Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use aa battery pack

petew

My battery only lasts about 3 hours,and might get some aa batteries for the battery pack for the SE pro,how long do they last?

I get 2 to 3 hunts out of alkaline AA.
I also have 8 AA rechargable batteries so I alternate with all rechargables. I also carry 8 alkaline Batts for emergency in my back pack along with a 9 volt for the pinpoint.

There are several makers of low discharge NiMH batteries. The original battery pack didn't use these and will run down even when not being used, mine got to the point of only giving me a couple three hours of run time.

These cell cost around $2 a piece, so times 8 plus what an alkaline battery holder for the explorer costs. These hold a charge well over a year with out losing much power. I can usually get three or four long detecting sessions before recharge; they probably don't last as long as the Lithium ion cells cost only a fraction of the lithium.

Chris

On the EX2, I gout 8 to 12 hours on a set of alkaline batteries. Have not tried alkaline on my SE. (Got the RB battery).

Hollywood

Hello
I use an RNB 3100 in an SE Pro with no issues. Lasted over 35 hours on the first charge. Occasionally someone is over stocked. Found mine for $99 and $8 shipping.

If you hunt more than average you will make up the cost in a year or less.

Good luck.

Voltage is regulated,short of hooking a car battery to it there won't be any difference in performance,just a difference in how long it will run on a charge. And the car battery thing....don't.

As the battery pack on my SE Pro has now given up the ghost I am now using 2500 mAh AA's which come on offer in a local supermarket for about $6*4 so they are very cheap.
I have now been using them on and off for about 2 years and they must have been charged over a hundred times.
Because of the tides I only get about 4-5 hours detecting before I have to pack in. I find that they don't run out of power in that time and I always put them on charge when returning home.

You should only use the AA battery pack. Don't need to complicate things, use slow discharge rechargeables, that's it. Been using mine (Eneloop) for over 6 years.

RNB 3100 for me , the amount I have had with either the ET or Explorer it has paid for itself dozens of times over.