Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone use a 5.5x9.5 nel

petew

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm lookin to buy one,wondering if it's good in trash,and overall dept

If you mean the sharpshooter nel, then yes I have used it on my explorer II....My main reason for trying it was to see if any benefit was to be had over the x-8 sunray coil....Short answer is no benefit seen....

But let me say, the coil works well on this unit. Balances good, good ground coverage, gives solid Id.s on the screen. No problems encountered.. If I didn't already have the x-8 I'm sure I would have kept the coil... But I certainly don't need two that perform just about equal..

My two cents..

HH Mark ( ohio )

I use the NEL Hunter on my explorer II (8.5x12.5) and it is my main hunting coil (replaced my old 1050 coil). It does awesome in trashy areas! I think the smaller NEL would be great also but my Hunter coil in my opinion is as good in trashy areas as my 6x8 sef.

I use the SharpShooter too , used it on my ET until i sold that machine but have kept it with my Explorer 11 . Will use it in trashy places when i get the chance.

I use one on my ET and it seems to be on there more than any of my other coils? I really prefer the 6" eq2 for trash but it's just so hard to cover any ground with the 6". The NEL SS seems to be a real nice compromise for most of my situations? 7-8" dimes not a problem, seems to ID accurately, seperates good, etc. etc. A guy really needs a small, medium, large coil(s) to really be able to handle all the different sites we seem to find. You won't regret having it in your arsenal..........jmo

Sharpshooter is A Ok in my book 2 thumbs up!

HH!
Texasclaydigger :-D