Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone tried this with their detectors

oldkoot

Any more on what the shaft is made of? The latest fad is carbon fiber which is electrically conductive.
In itself it probably wouldn't be an issue, but it's possible the carbon fiber conductivity may act as an extension of the upper metal shaft.

I have a Legend and 6 inch coil and I have both the original plastic shaft and the new carbon fiber one. I also have a small nugget (don't know the weight but most of my detectors do not see it) and some dust. I also have some #9 lead shot. When I get time, I will see what results I get with the different shafts.

I have a Legend and 6 inch coil and I have both the original plastic shaft and the new carbon fiber one. I also have a small nugget (don't know the weight but most of my detectors do not see it) and some dust. I also have some #9 lead shot. When I get time, I will see what results I get with the different shafts.
Legend never came with a lower plastic shaft the mid shaft was plastic, I can tell you in Gold mode the legend will see very small nuggets at pretty good depth it will also pick up my hand at a decent distance when waved under the coil flat
I take it this is not relevant to the 600/800 or XTerra Pro?
well since the guy in the video was using a nox 800 it is relevant to those detectors

Legend never came with a lower plastic shaft the mid shaft was plastic
Okay, maybe I have the original carbon fiber one and also the plastic one. Also, my original mid shaft was aluminum, I just went out and checked. I know it will pick up small gold but that is not the question. The question is does the carbon fiber one reduce sensitivity to small gold. Wouldn't comparing the plastic one to the carbon fiber one under the same conditions help answer the question?

Okay, maybe I have the original carbon fiber one and also the plastic one. Also, my original mid shaft was aluminum, I just went out and checked. I know it will pick up small gold but that is not the question. The question is does the carbon fiber one reduce sensitivity to small gold. Wouldn't comparing the plastic one to the carbon fiber one under the same conditions help answer the question?
I believe you to be correct the Legend Mid shaft was aluminum come to think about it when the Legend first came out, but the Lower shaft has always been Carbon Fiber, not sure if it messes with depth or not but that Lower Carbon Fiber shaft can cause a lot of falsing on targets I believe is the point of the video especially on the higher sensitive gold mode, my Golden Mask 7 and 4WD do the same thing as in the video and on my hand especially if I am running in the Gold Mode in the GM7 at 44 KHz, but it sure does not seem to affect the depth on those two detectors, on those two detectors it seems the higher the frequency that you run them in the worse it is, the 4WD does it in 18 KHz but not in 8 KHz and the GM7 will do it in 24 and 44 KHz but not in the 4 KHz and not as bad in the 14 KHz