Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone not able to use tejon?

findit

I heard some situations or places the tejon was too unstable to use unless you turned the sensativity way down. Anybody experienced this? Or not able to use it at all? Is there a trade off for such a sensative machine

That's never happened to me. I hunt in the city, and have had no problems whatsoever. The last old school I have been working at is surrounded by power lines, and I managed to find 750 coins there, oldest being a deep 1911 US penny.

Dan

Here is a picture of the keepers from that school. For those who think the Tejon is only a relic hunter, take a look.

Dan

No problem with mine. Of the machines I have, the Tejon is one of my keepers.
I did have a relic hunt earlier this year where a couple of my other machines didn't work well. The area was trashy and instead of going elsewhere, I tried the Tejon. It allowed me to work the area. Then i put the 5.75 coil on and ended up working the area a few hours with some good finds. If I didn't try the Tejon, I would moved to another area. A friend that was with me was frustrated a bit with his high dollar machine. He ended up working the outer fringe of the area. It can get a bit chatterly at times but thats expected. I rather have it that way most times and let my ears pick the targets.
Tejon with stock and 5.75 coils is one of my keepers. No problems that I can recall............

I had times when I had to turn it down, but not because of excess noise. I just didn't want to dig deep targets that day. If you're having that kind of trouble, then, you're around a lot of trash targets, power lines or the like.