Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know where to get a good price on a good digger?

I got an AMES garden tool at my local hardware
store for $14.00 it has a serated edge on one side
its stainless and i really like it

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

I got tired of the cheap aluminum ones breaking (I broke four this summer) and bought one at Menards (a home/garden store similar to home depot). The brand is Yardworks and is a narrow blade with a forked tip. Serrated on one edge and is STAINLESS STEEL, not aluminum. I paid about 6.50 for it and I liked it so much I went back and bought another one. When I went back for the second one, they had an end of season sale going and it cost me $4.50. Thers no model unmber, but the dall it a "Yardworks Ultra comfort Garden Knife."

MrGee

Spend the extra money, buy a Lesche and never, ever buy another. Mine is 10 years old now and good as new. And you can sharpen it!! Try that with stainless or aluminum!! Get one from Predator Tools, best made.

Dont think you would get away with using a lesche in the UK,would prob get arrested if caught with it.Its just what i could do with though.

A good digger . . . . . :confused: Where are you going to be digging? Grass, bare dirt, sand, hardpan? And how deep will you typically be digging? :blink:

For grassy areas like parks, yards and such, it is hard to beat the lesche digger if you are looking for coins, jewelry and the like. I would pick something different though for digging in crop fields between harvests, relic hunting in old battlefields or out in the desert or on the beach.

For the price they get for the Lesche, it should have an auto setting so that I can sit back in the shade and let the digger find the targets.

The tightfisted cheapskate,
MrGee

You'll make the few extra bucks it costs back in no time with the Lesche - google it, it's not "that" expensive and cuts trough turf like a banshee, you'll save time too. More Time = More Money