Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know what happened to Sunny? She has been too quiet!!

she went fishing:shrug: I thought she must be bed ridden but I guess not. Seems like she would let us know but you know those wimmins:shrug:

...and out of the two days, she was in the boat two and a half hours before we had to take her back to the shore. The rest of the time she was in a reclining position either in the truck or in the bed.

We left early and came home for several reasons. I talked to her a while ago and even THAT overdid it.

She talks to her doctor tomorrow for yet another round of whatever to make her feel like a human again. She may not be bed-ridden but is certainly couch-ridden for the most part. She has been in ever-present pain of varying degrees for nearly four years. Having been on narcotic meds for that time, she fights to maintain her wherewithal and is driven to rid herself of the heavy stuff. She could do with the prayers of every one of this forum. She has been of the narcotics for a couple of weeks now but is taking power non-narcotic stuff as needed. That's an improvment.

I am not a doctor but I think she is fighting from several fronts right now, drugs, pain and perhaps some depression (because of the extended pain issues). Perhaps she does not trust her communicative skills 100% and doesn't want to write like some space cadet.

You all know her and care for her, so please, when you feel the urge to be flippant or carefree with your comments about her; remember two things: She is sick but she is a trooper's trooper and I am her brother and I will defend her until my last breath.

If she reads this I will probably get in trouble, but I have sent several of you PMS stating the issue as best I can without casting Linda's privacy to the wind and yet, I keep reading these unnecessary remarks about her.

No one wants her to be her old self more than her family both blood and forum. So, how about some solid, heart-felt prayer for her. Each of you has a special place in her heart and you know it. She would not avoid you unless there was a serious issue--and there IS.

We didn't set any fish-slaying records this past week-end, but we enjoyed each other's company. Even so, if I had it to do over again, I probably would have not tempted her wtih the Lake Fork trip. She just was not up to it.

So there you have it, folks. I'm not going into any more detail. I guess you just have to trust me that I would never, in any way, attempt to mislead you about this or any other situation. You should know that by now.

Tom no longer has the internet so he's out. Linda is not feeling well, so she's out for the time being. Myself, well, the last time I checked, my story of last month was still up there. Hopefully I will have a new one for you soon. I'm trying to get Linda to write the one about this past week-end but I don't know that it will happen. If not, then I will write it. It had some good stuff happen and I need to share it with you.

Pray for my sister and your friend.

us all setting here had no idea what was going on. She has been sick for four years and the last I heard was that she had had a treatment done on the third and it was helping. Then nothing.

It is one thing being down there and knowing how your sister is but it is another thing to be out here in cyberland and getting bits and pieces. I talked to Rob the other day and he said he had talked to her when she was fishing. He said she sounded like she was having a good time and Tom had caught a big bass. But we still hear nothing.

I am sorry if I offended you folks with my remarks but remember that is the relationship we have had with her for a hell of a long time. We tease and when a person is not here for a while we tease to get a response. If it offends you, I am sorry, it will not happen again. When you feel like it I would appreciate it if you would give an occasional update.

n/t

Our prayers are with her. It sounds like dealing with the pain and drugs, she will have a tough row to hoe. With her spunk and determination, there is no doubt in my mind she will beat it and be back with us. It will take time and we will be here for her. Thanks again for the update.

I feel hobbled, to a point, because I want to protect Linda's privacy. She is a big girl and can take care of herself--you all know that. :lol: But it is a fine line to walk, in letting everyone in on some of her issues and keeping her privacy.

There is no offense taken. We all go back too far for that kind of stuff. But I realize that when there is little news that people begin to wonder. The relationship I have with each of you on this forum can endure straight talk if it is necessary--and I just felt it was necessary. Linda doesn't want sympathy, and with me opening my big mouth, she's liable to put a sock in it. But that is a chance I will take to give some solid information to our friends. It wouldn't be the first time I've been abused by her!

I really think she will get the treatment she needs with this new pain management-type doctor---hopefully sooner than later. It is a process of elimination and one day they will deaden the right nerves and she will be pain-free.

I know there are forum members who-either they or their spouses-have medical issues that affect their lives on a daily basis and in a major way. That type of stuff, by their choice, is not usually put up for public discussion and we all honor that. I guess that's what PM's, telephones and emails are for. And that's all we want for Linda.

We know you care about her. But know that if she was healthy, she would be right in the middle of y'alls' asses.

Take care and pray for better times for all.

aj

Carol and I think of her often. I still have the "Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper" she sent on my desk. I talked to her some time ago and knew about the "pain".
I'd like to phone her but don't want to bother her in case she's not up to it. Give her my best. Thanks.

She may be "camped out" but she is not immobile. Rob called her the other day and it really gave her a shot in the arm.

Thanks for reading and posting....and pray for Linda's healing. <><

aj

I have been concerned about Linda and have kept her in my prayers for some time now.I will continue to do so.

She is to nice of a person to be down and away from the group. Whatever has her down, I wish her a speedy recovery. Geo-CT