Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know of old parks near Dulles airport MD?

SeattleALE

I'm making a rare trip to the east coast next week and have a 6 hour window in which to metal detect. Anyone know of, and willing to ID any old parks or the like in the area of Dulles airport? Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks, SeattleALE

Dulles is in the middle of Civil War country. Leesburg is about 20 minutes away - exit 1A on the Access Road [Green Way]. Because it is in such a historical area people are quite touchy about MD's. I do not know what the laws on hunting parks in Leesburg are, but be careful.

I think your 6 hour window will be taken up in traffic if you venture out of the terminal....especially if you take the wrong turn. Everywhere around there is civil war activity and lots of old sites.

Good luck.

John

Not sure of any places around Dulles as I am new to the Northern Virginia myself. I just relocated to Alexandria and have yet to find a good place to hunt or rather people to hunt with. I figure Old Town Alexandria is prime but with the historic nature, Mding is probably frowned upon.

Anyone else in this area? Sorry I wasnt more help SeattleALE.

-Hunter

It is illegal to MD in Alexandria parks, but many of the old private homes have dirt floors, making them excellent for cache hunting if you can get the owners to let you do it.

I'm in the process of trying to locate George Washington's lost silver. It was donated to Christ's Church in Old Town after he died, then hid in 1860 when the Union army marched in at the start of the civil war. By the time the war was over, the three men who knew of the location had died.

Let me know if you want to help me work on this. I'm doing a lot of record searching at an old library and trying to cross reference the church roster of 1860 with property records the same year.