Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know of a different T-2 forum?

Scott in Idaho

I am not being a wise guy here when I am asking for the web address of another teknetics forum. I simply don't trust the guy that runs this one. Yet again I see posts are being removed in what could be a personal agenda. I would like to know why if its not for his personal bias. The purpose of a forum is to communicate back and forth. It should not be for 1 mans personal profits unless it is thus labeled. Should it be titled, "Don't say anything bad about the T-2 because I sell them" forum? I want to hear what people have to say about the detectors. If its bad like the post yesterday then I still want to hear it. Let me decide if I agree with the guy or not. They used to tell people what they could or could not say in Russia. I agree that the tough guy talk on the post yesterday was ignorant but that could have simply been stopped. I wanted to see the guys review. I'd would really like to know if the person that runs this site sells detectors? That would explain it all.

I've had a lot of personal dealings with Mr. Bill and I've never seen where he is the type to "manage" sales propaganda. He's always been on the money, keeping in mind that sometimes opinions vary when it comes to detectors, and he's NEVER tried to "sell" me on anything he sells in order to try and make a sale. I've dealt with a few other dealers that did do that. Bill wasn't sitting on any T2's at the time of the announced "update" so he had no reason to try and manipulate damage control and frankly I don't believe he would have done that even if he would have had T2's in inventory. You're certainly entitled to your opinion and criteria on how you make a decision to trust someone completely or not. Perhaps you're thinking "why didn't he make this post himself?" Well, he did. He appologized for his part in the negative personal posts and then explained what and why he deleted some of the thread. I'm not aware of any forum that allows posts to stand forever that contain personal atacks, this one being no different. Another thing that Bill does is take chances on both new and older technology detectors first that others don't. I for one appreciate that. It makes him a valuable resource. When the T2 first came out and no one else was carrying them, he spent a lot of time on the phone with me telling me his impressions of it, BOTH good and bad. I like to try detectors at release, knowing that there will probably be some initial problems, and with Bill's willingness to share good and bad info before anyone else can, other than beta testers, I don't know what else I could ask for in a source to get ground breaking info. I say what I think to shakers and doers from this hobby. It's not always good and diplomatic. I can supply some references to prove this. :D

Hi Scott

If you would just look down the forum a bit you will see the original post is still there.

I will say though I am not the only dealer on Finds that sells the T-2 , just because they don

You may like to take chances on new detectors-that doesn't mean we all do tho Brad. Some of us cannot afford to buy every new model, and take chances. Some of us saved up to buy what we thought was the latest and greatest because we can afford only one(and who wants to have second best and waste time behind a 2nd rate detector) We blew our wad on one detector that we researched and believed in. I still like mine, but I do want the latest revisions and any issues addressed. Is that asking so much for a major purchase such as this? I think not.We assumed in all good faith that this was researched and tested and READY FOR RELEASE to the public. So IF there are legitimate issues and an update, I DO want and expect the manufacturer to take care of my purchase if they want me back someday. I don't think I'm expecting too much or being difficult-just protecting my hard-earned purchase. I still want the best!! It's not like we bought last years model ya know-we just bought ours and there's already a revision? Make us believers Teknetics!

I understand where you're coming from. No one wants to hear of and have to deal with an update within the first month or so of a detector's introduction. It's inconvenient and casts doubts if one lets it. However, my reality, coming from having "tried them all", is what has been said by many others many times before. That is, that a person that really takes the time to learn a detector and has faith that they can in fact do just that will consistantly outhunt others that are just counting on the newest "best" detector alone to make a whole new level of finds. Just today, I hunted with a good friend that was using the Explorer II and the speed, the excellent easily accessable all metal mode as well as it's ability to provide full time ferrous info of the T2 offered some advantage. Besides what I located, I also checked his deep targets before they were dug with a Fisher Excel and it heard and ID'd all of the 9 to 10+" stuff that the Explorer is famous for hearing. The other day at the same site, I checked the deep hits of my friend's Explorer against an early build XLT and the old Spectrum XLT didn't miss a thing. Of course years of playing with the DFX's and knowing how to set up a good hot program helped. ;) There's lots of top level detectors out there that are capable of making finds as good as current technology allows if the operator becomes one with it. The only choice we really need to make is with the features and handling characteristics different detectors have to offer that we personally prefer as well as it's available coils if that comes into play for the sites we hunt. Hope you get to the point where you think your T2 is the holy grail of detectors. I have no doubts about mine even before the newly announced factory update. :)

I don't think the revision is a whole new revamp. It's more of a refinement of it or additions to it, not a whole new machine that we'll all have to immediately upgrade ours to match or lose out.

-Ed

n/t

Instead of blasting the guys who help support our machine by doing tests and by providing this excellent forum or sponsoring it.

I've done some Googling, there is no other T2-specific forum.

We could hang out at the BH company-sponsored forum and sift our content from the posts from newbies with their hundred-dollar Tracker IV (a good machine, don't get me wrong, but frankly outside of our interest). Or we could check out MD Paradise, another BH-inclined forum and do about the same. Hey, how about Treasure Spot, where you can enjoy the pleasure of having any post on the T2 put up for ridicule by a bunch of apparent kids?

Numerous persons have made big-time room in their busy schedules to not only do specific tests and keep records, but also write up the results. Others spend hard-earned dollars for sponsorship or server space, just so we can fly in and check it all out for free. At least one caught so much flack for his efforts, he's left detecting!

Everybody's entitled to their opinion, so here's mine. I just feel a lot of folks are working hard to support this new detector and it's being met with accusations and derision. Most of it due to unproven assumptions, aired in public. Nobody here NEEDS to support the T2. We could all just move on with our lives and forget about it and this singular source of great information would just up and vanish. Do you like that scenario?

I just think we oughta be a little more appreciative of what goes on behind the scenes. How about a few "Thank You" comments instead of "you obviously have an agenda, and you're doing all this to make money for yourself."

I try to stay out of the fracas and keep my opinions to myself, but I feel somebody's gotta step forward and say what oughta be said.

Just my two Zinc's!
-Ed