Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know if there's a Iowa token book

GetRdone

Am trying to find out if there was ever a token book printed on Iowa Good for Tokens, and if so by whom and if available, haven't had any luck checking out Ebay, if anyone knows, please advise. If anyone has one and would like to sell it, please let me know, thanks.

There is one titled Iowa Trade Tokens by Lewis Ferguson. Amazon had one that is used for $90. Might check some of the used book stores around. I live in Des Moines and go to Half Price Books quite often. They buy all kinds of used books and the inventory changes daily. Might try there. I'll keep my eye out for one.

Thanks for the information, Keyman, is the Half Price Books store an on line store, or one located there in Des Moines, I'm from Atlantic Iowa, got started collecting tokens, when I started finding them, several years ago, have been trying to locate information on if a book was published for a couple of years, no luck, appreciate your response. Are you a detector user also? One last thought, do you know what year it was published? Thanks again for your reply.

Just happened to run into a man from New Mexico in shelby at a sale. He is currently putting together a revised edition. He has 10,000 iowa tokens himself. He offered me a very nice sum for a couple of mine and will pay premium prices for rarer ones. I had his e-mail and number around here somewhere, I'll keep a look out for it.

Hey, thanks diggingfix, would appreciate that. How you been doing on getting permission to hunt, did you try contacting the city administrator, or were they as co-operative as some of your other contacts, I thought maybe they wouldn't care, especially if the have condemned the properties anyway, again thanks for the reply to my question.

Go to Abebooks.com for out of print books.

Here is one, Iowa Trade Tokens. (ISBN: 091849206:geek:
Ferguson, Lewis K. Iowa Token book

The store is located on University Ave. in WDM, just west of 22nd street. There is a Toys R Us in the same shopping center. It's on the north side of University. I don't know what year it was published, just happened to see the one on Amazon. I got an Ace 250 last year. Been using an ADS Deepseeker I bought in the late 70'-early 80's. It's dead on pinpointing but heavy and takes 6 9-volt batteries. So I bought the Ace. I found a token with it a few years ago that says it's worth a dollar off on a mortgage payment to the Iowa Loan and Trust Co. but can't find any record of the company. It must be old.

Thanks keyman, I have an ADS111, purchased in the 80's, great machine, found a lot of great coins, tokens, watch fobs, cereal premium give aways, etc., but your right, the machine weighs a ton, have been trying to fiqure out a way of hip mounting the box, and seeig if anyone has a Kellyco Hot Head, 9-10" coil that would work with it, they made one, so I've been told, thoght that might give the machine a little extra depth over the stock coil of 8", I have the 12" that goes with it, but it just makes the weight that much worse to swing, anyway thanks for the info, appreciate it.

n/t