Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know how to open the 1280x?

ejudasf

I just bought a non-working unit off of fleaBay. I got it only for the poles to use for another project I have in my head.

Anyway, I want to open it to see if it's an easy fix. I don't see anything obvious, but I am guessing it's under the front decal of the face plate. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ed

New update.

The machine does work! It turns on and functions. There is an issue with the discriminate control. It does not detect a nickel at level 3. It does not detect my silver wedding band at level 5.

Sensitivity at about 8 starts to false. Below 8, detects targets at around 4 inches. (not a big deal).

Maybe still need to open it up.