Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone here live in south florida

no, only the one off the ft. lauderdale strip. my detector isnt ment for it so im waiting until i save up enough to get an EXCAL then ill be at the beach alot.

I'm new to metal detecting in the Miami area.

I've hit a bunch of parks, beaches and schools in my area with varying degrees of success. I'm learning alot about identifying trash items versus clad and other finds.

I hit Crandon Park (South) this weekend and was disappointed with all of the trash in the ground.

Roly

hi roly i currently live in kendall, you? Yes I only have hit one silver ring in crandon park but the best place on the beach is 4th street to 12 street of south beach. What detector are you using?

Hey Juan, I also live in the Kendall area near Tamiami Park.

I recently purchased the Fisher 1280X which is submersible to about 250 feet. I'm trying to get out just about every day as i get to know the unit better.

So far, I really like the simplicity of it and it seems to be working out real well.

I look forward to seeing you out there some time...

Where do you usally hunt? i currently have a bounty hunter tracker 4 and a DFX. Have you tried south beach yet

no man, no So. Beach as of yet. I've been trying to hold off from going to better beaches until i have some more experience and learn how to operate my gear more effectively.

I am going to try to get out this weekend (long weekend), may try Crandon again if water is not too cold.

Hunt all beachesbetween, Indianlantic and So Beach. Just got a Excalibur ll, only used a few times. Nothing good to report yet.

I live in the Homestead area. Only hunted south beach once, found a nice man's ring. Spend most of my time down at homestead bayfront park. I found a few rings there. Havent been out much lately. Will need to take time and go hunting.

I live in South Miami, just got my detector two days ago. I have not been out yet beyond my back yard, only found a key so far but am still learning the machine. The last machine I had was over 20 years ago and a lot has changed since my White's 1db. I am currently trying to learn how to use my MXT, great machine from all of the reviews, but I have not had the time to sit down and play with it yet. Is there a good metal detecting club in Miami? Once I get more comfortable with the MXT i am going to try and hit the beaches, which I have never done before so I am reading up on it. Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated it. One thing I have noticed so far is That the ground down here is high in iron. It may be my back yard, but the two times I have gone out I get a ton of iron hits. I guess I just need some practice. Best regards, all.