Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone here have a Sunray Probe on their CZ?

I would hate to be without a Sunray FZ1 Invader inline probe on my CZ's. The only drawbacks that I can think of is forgeting to switch back from probe to coil and have already made a pass or two and realize why I haven't gotten a decent signal hahahahahahahaha! The other is its DEEP, what I mean by this, depth is a real benefit, but when you've been used to the other probes, which might get an inch on a good day to 3-4" with the Sunray, it takes a little getting used to. Just think of it as a very small coil attached to your detector.

Get one, I think you will be quite impressed with it.

I also pick up quite a bit of shallow targets using the FZ1 after I locate and recover the original target, I then take the probe and sweep the surrounding area as far as I can with the cable attached and hit a few shallow targets and recover them, which is usually clad or newer coins.

Like Mike said, it will get you a sound 3-4" in probing depth, and you can use it directly on top of the ground for shall0w targets, that are only 3-4" deep. THIS PROBE REALLY IMPROVES YOUR RECOVERY TIME!!! VERY WELL MADE BY a SOUND ELECTRONICS COMPANY!! HH,

I will push pinpoint and using the probe find the spot if not to deep,this will also let you know how big it is,I use the 12 coil and dont pinpoint only with the probe.With my C$ I never use the pinpoint use the coil to find center and the uniprobe to find it.Bottom line when is Ralph coming out with probes for the C$ and ID Excel,the day they come out the day I order.

I think there is something wrong with my CZ3D. Threshold chatters rather than hums when I go to ground balance. So when I use my FZ1 probe it chatters rather than beeps if the target it more than an inch away.

This happens all the time? I get "unsmooth" threshold hum when trying to GB in bad ground. Turning down the sens usually helps.

Are there powerlines and/or electrical transformers nearby? Sounds to me like you've got some RFI in your area. I have lots here, but I've learned to deal with it.

HH from Allen in MI

Yes, I have one an like it pretty well. I get 3" or so on depth. I almost always have my sens around 4.5 to 5. This probe has caused me to dig deeper for a large target where I normally wouldn't have. It keeps getting a ping at the bottom of the hole and I keep digging usually to uncover a doorknob :rage: or something like that. But it has also found me a coin 3" away on the side of the hole that was on edge. It is sensitive off of the sides of the tip as well as the tip. This can work to your advantage and it can work against you.

However unlike the double D coils on Minelabs that these probes were originally made for VCO of CZ's pinpoint on a dime while the Minelab double D coils were tough to pinpoint accurately...Used these probes on Minelabs and were the best out there, however if they are needed for CZ's is argumenitive. Again what ever works and Sunray makes some dandy probes although a bit pricey..

Sensitivity is set at 4 or 3.5 depending. 4 is the highest I can go. As to the RFI problem I have to say no because this happens no matter where I hunt. I am not finding the stuff you guys are and I have with other machines. I wonder if I got a bad one. Maybe I should call Fisher.

Actually I have had something happen that's odd, twice now. When I first go to use the probe, I have no depth. I then crank up the sens. to 10, set it, and then crank it back down to 4 or 6 where I had it, set again. After doing this the probe is fine for the rest of the hunt, no problems. It's a quirk I can easily live with. The probe is awesome.