Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have this problem...and what'd ya do

I'm having a problem with the 1/4" headphone jack that plugs into ny MXT. If I plug it in all the way, the sound cuts out completely, if I pull it back out about a quarter-inch, it'll work, but I lose the stereo effect and the sound control on the headphone cabe stops working like it's supposed to. These are expensive Koss headphones that the dealer traded me for the cheaper originals, and they are a better set, with gold coated plug. I took it apart to look at the connection inside the MXT but didn't see anything obviousy wrong, broken or disconnected. I sure hate to send this back and lose it for a long while...what do you folks think? Send it or live with it?

The problem might be in the headphone cord not the MXT. Can you try another set of headphones?

my tesoro's are doing the same thing with my timberwolf rebels and I just got the DeLeon back from the factory with a fixed headphone jack, I've been wanting a new pair of headphones anyway so I'm going to get a pair of jolly roger extremes and see if there is any difference, might just have to live with it. Jimmie

When you had the MXT apart did you plug in the headphones to see if the male plug was contacting the female connections properly?

I had the same problem with a stereo and it has not connecting properly by just a hair, it was really was hard to tell and just a little adjustment to the female connect points with a pair of small needle nose pliers did the trick.

Skip

Are you sure it's the headphone jack? Have you tried the headphones in another detector? The reason I ask is that I recently bought a new pair of high end headphones and they did the same thing in all my detectors. It was the plug on the headphones that was bad and had to send them back.

If you headphone has multiple switch locations, try them in the other location first.

Thanks for the replies...yeah, while the MXT was open, I looked real carefully to make sure the contacts were all good, clean and making a solid contact, BUT, still afraid to bust something, I didn't probe too much. You know...I did fail to do as Larry suggested, simply because I don't have another set of headphones, but will give that my next try. You started me to thinking, that the problem may be in the small switch that controls the right/left headphones. Thanks...this is a great website guys, when we all put our heads together, we can usually come up with a solution! I suppose if the next set of phones also won't work, it'll be back to the factory for an overhaul.

I have sort of the same problem with my MXT. I too have to kind of pull out on the plug to get it to work properly. I'm pretty sure my problem is in the MXT not the headphones. If I push them in all the way they just won't work . However, when I pull mine out just a little I don't seem to have any problem.