Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have any comments on the Sat mode of the F75. Thanks :D: :D:

I tried it the other day but had some problems figuring it out. It was all noise till I pulled the toggle back and then it settled down. But after walking a few feet it started up again. Haven't really read the manual on it yet so I can't blame the machine. Just while playing with it thou it kind of reminded me of the same situation I ran into while playing with my buddies XL Pro.

Kind of has me excited and I plan on taking the manual with me to the field and playing with it some more. Will be watching for any inforamtion from anyone using it and explaining it.

SAT would lead some guys to believe it is a Self Adjusting Threshold mode. STAT stands for STATIC and means it is a non motion all metal mode that has NOT a SAT (Self Adjusting Threshold).

In the STAT mode you have to manually re-tune the detector by pulling the trigger frequently. The advantage of a mode like this is that it is the deepest mode for large deep targets. This mode is the same as the pinpoint mode, so if you pull the trigger in any other mode you switch over to the STAT mode to pinpoint for some seconds.
Good about the STAT mode is that you can shrink the targets pinpoint size by pulling the trigger over the target until it gets very small.

Searching is STAT is searching in pinpoint mode with the advantage that you don't have to have to trigger pulled all the time and you can adjust the sensitivity in STAT mode. If you learn how to handle that mode you have the deepest seeking all metal mode you can have.

Andy,NM

Thanks Andy, for the info. I, too, have tried the stat on occasion and also found it to be noisy. From your of what and how, I'm and anxious to give it another try. Thanks again. HH jim tn

I just have not been on the right site to give it a good workout yet. It would probably good for Civil War shells too. Maybe even deep trash pits & cache hunting as well.....
HH,
Bill